Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10+ and Windows driver

Reaction score
I am unable to 'see' my ST10+ and its files on my Windows 8.1 PC.

The ST10+ is not appearing as a removable drive nor under 'Network Locations' nor anywhere in File Explorer.

I've put the ST10+ into 'debug mode' (from System Settings//About.../tap Android Version 7 times/Developer Option/check USB debugging).

When this is done and the ST10+ is plugged into my PC, I hear a sound from ST10 (but not the PC)

I can see the ST10+ in Device Manager but when I try to update the driver, I get the message "Windows could not find driver software for your device".

Also in Device Manager, I see 'MTP USB Device". Trying to update that driver, I get the message that this driver is up to date.

The SD card in the ST10+ is formatted (FAT32)

Prior to formatting, I did fly the Q500 and was able to grab the Telemetry files but only by removing the SC card and placing it in a reader on my PC (which I'd very much prefer would not be the routine way to download/grab these files)

I've done much 'net searching and cannot find a driver...

Any help would be appreciated..

I suspect this is a Windows 8 issue and not the ST10. Do you know anyone with Win 7? That would confirm the problem. It should not require any drivers to see the ST10. It should show up as an additional drive.

The SD card should be visible on Windows without debug mode. Debug mode is only needed if you want to go into the file system of the ST10 itself. I never tried this, but I have heard you need the ADB driver for this: ADB Driver - Universal Android USB Driver

Sometimes Windows has problems to identify the ST10, if an USB3 port is used (blue color on the plug). Try to use another USB2 port. Also the ST10 must be on and already booted before you plug in the cable to the USB port.

br HE

Windows is seeing the transmitter or it wouldn't show up in the Device manager.
Yes, switching to Debug mode is the only way many of us get the box to show in Windows.
I think it depends on your version of Windows and/or security settings on your machine.I have mine locked down pretty tight.
I agree with Steve and this is probably an issue with Windows 8.
Hooking to another computer running another version of Windows and trying again to connect will answer a lot of Questions.
Good luck,
Jafo

Reactions: Steve Carr
I was trying to post the most complete information I could to help... but forgot to mention I tried it also with two Win10 machines...

In the end, I did a 'factory reset' which seemed to do the trick.

thanks, everyone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech