Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10+ Battery

Reaction score
Hi All,
My father just gave me his Q500 Typhoon, it has not been used in probably three years. I have left the controller charge for quite some time (longer than 8 hours) and the blue battery light just continues to flash. I have searched online and cannot find a replacement battery. Any suggestions on where to get one?
Many thanks!!

Try E Bay seller Toolbay 99.9%positive rating. Panasonic 3.6v 6800 mah $24.00 +4.50 shipping. Compare to what's in drone first. I have not opened mine up since I put a card in it. Keith C.

....it has not been used in probably three years.
You also need to be concerned with the flight batteries.
There are lots of threads on the forum for what to look out for (such as swelling, high IR values). And some important information about how to deal with LiPo batteries. Both from a maintenance standpoint, and a safety standpoint. Old or defective LiPo batteries are quite dangerous.

Due to a long storage time, your batteries may appear to take a full charge, but be VERY limited in actual capacity. Do the first flights with no camera, and be prepared to land quickly.
First flight or two with each battery should be just a hover a few feet off the ground. Mark the flight time to see how long each battery will last. That will make a decent estimate of remaining capacity.

And on the "nuisance" level, you can expect some pretty long GPS "acquire" times after three years of storage. More to that story can be provided if you run into problems getting GPS to lock.

• Love
Reactions: 7cyclops
Thank yo all! The ebay seller has one available. One of the two flight batteries will not charge (solid red error light). The other appears to have charged. Would you suggest just buying another one? Perhaps ebay as well? Thanks again, very new to all of this!

It sure wouldn't hurt to get another battery. Take seriously wtfd has related to you.Study up on batteries here on forum . A buy will be your decision,as there are many out there,check by writing supplier to see what date it was manufactured. Yuo do not want an older batterySearch ebay amazon etc. Keith C.If you want to search additional info on this sight use the magnifier top right of page and type in a search,,,try several different word groups.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Might try Yuneec Skins sight, he has a lot.
The Gifi have a good rep for Q batteries.
Here's a link to a youtube on Lipo's, matter of fact just go to YouTube and search Lipo batteries.
Pretty dry subject but just stick with it, you'll learn a lot of what you need to know about them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1