Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10+ buzzing sound normal?

Reaction score
whenever i switch on my controller it makes a pretty audible humming/buzzing sound. i have probably used it with approximately 20 flights and it seems like i notice the sound now more than ever before, but i am not sure maybe it was there before as well, just as a new pilot i had a number of other distractions and concerns and now that i am getting confident with flying i pay more attention to the controller itself and the settings etc. Is this sound normal or should i send it in to yunnec for a check before something bad like a fly away happens? thanks for any advice. cheers

whenever i switch on my controller it makes a pretty audible humming/buzzing sound. i have probably used it with approximately 20 flights and it seems like i notice the sound now more than ever before, but i am not sure maybe it was there before as well, just as a new pilot i had a number of other distractions and concerns and now that i am getting confident with flying i pay more attention to the controller itself and the settings etc. Is this sound normal or should i send it in to yunnec for a check before something bad like a fly away happens? thanks for any advice. cheers
Does it sound like the fan blades are hitting or vibrating?

thanks for reply. i just tried the buttons and no change. if it is a fan and that noise is normal it is not a problem. i think it is a little loud but i can live with it. i just want to ensure there is nothing wrong with the controller that can result in losing my drone.

It's past my beddy-by time so gotta go. It is fairly easy to split the case. You have to peel off the rubber handles on the sides to get to screws underneath, then work it apart carefully around the rabbit and camera tilt sliders. Then watch for the wires that run between the top and bottom. You can spread it apart just enough to see the fan and check to see if that's where the sound is coming from. That's the only thing in the controller that I can think of that would make any noise. If the fan eventually stops the controller may get too warm. That would be a problem on a warm day.

Mine makes the same sound, I think it is a combination of cooling fans and the power supply in the controler.
It has done that since DEC18, 2015
I would not worry I listened to your audio file on Dropbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone