Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST10 disconnecting frequently

Reaction score
I got a new battery and I have gotten to fly my q500 several times now. I LOVE IT!! However, I am having problems randomly with the drone disconnecting from the ST10+. I am on vacation in the smokies and was trying to do a 360° video around my cabin, the video was 1:45 long and the ST10+ disconnected three times. During my 14 minute flight it disconnected approximately 7 times. Any tips?

The video never cut out. At the top it displayed the disconnect warning in red and the controls stopped responding. If I was flying it would begin hovering. Most of the time it did it I was panning around taking 360° videos and it would just sit there for 5-10 seconds till it reconnected then start panning again.

Was anything in the area, power lines, radio towers, etc. that might be a problem? If you still had video, you should have been well within control range.
It mostly sounds like an issue with the receiver or the receiver connections, but the same issues can affect the controller end of the communication. (most common is a little bit of oxidation on the connector pins)
What are the exact words of the "disconnect warning" you are getting?
I know you mentioned "vacation", but if you could upload your telemetry, it might provide some hints to the actual problem.

I was standing near some power lines. After getting the drone launch I moved myself for a better view. I always maintained a straight line of sight with nothing between myself and the drone. The furthest I allowed it to get away from me was 407’ alt. And 1010’ distance. I don’t know how to upload telemetry. If I get the chance to fly it today I will try to pay more attention to exactly what the warning says. I’ve only owned it for about 5 days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio