Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST12 stick not centering

Reaction score
The last couple times I put the bird in the air, it slowly drifts to rear. Recalibrated the compass, started rotors and sit idling a couple minutes to accommodate the GPS, lifted it 20 feet up and sit. Still drifting to rear. Checked hardware monitor and shows J3 is -6. I'm figuring the switch needs cleaning. Any suggestions as to best way ?

See the following thread...

Maintenance and Care of the ST-16

Same principles should apply to the ST-12... however I do not know if the has a "secret calibration" option. Hopefully an experienced Q500 pilot can answer that.

@Inknut77,
First thing, do not use the secret menu calibration as an "easy out" first step to address your issue. It may TEMPORARILY appear to fix the problem, but the problem will keep coming back.

Your problem is likely just a little oxidation in the pot that is actuated by the J3 stick.

The first level of remedy is simply to vigorously "stir" the stick around to attempt to loosen and remove the oxidation.

The second level is to use some plastic safe contact cleaner, and more stirring, to see if that helps.

The third level of remedy is to actually replace the stick assembly with a new one. Once you do that, it may require use of the "secret menu" FC calibration to get the board calibrated to the new stick.

Unfortunately nearly ALL the You-tube videos that supposedly show how that calibration is done, are WRONG. This link leads to a you tube video that at least will not mess up your controller. The video is for an ST10+. The steps are the same except the ST12 also has a K3 and an S1. Ensure the K3 is centered, similar to the centering of K1 and K2. (You don't really care, for a Q500. It does not use K3 and S1 anyway.)
"
"

There is also a written version of the calibration that covers some potentially useful items that even the video above does not include: Calibrating ST10 and ST10+ Flight Control Board.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help. It's a welcome pleasure to be a part of an obvious caring and helpful group

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox