Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST12 with Typhoon H and return home

Reaction score
Hello,
In order to use dual pilote mode, I got an ST-12 along with the original ST-16.
Camera is controlled by the ST-16 and drone by the ST-12 controller.
Everything works fine except "Return home" button that has no effect when using it.
I tried the ST-12 in standalone as well and have the same result.

Is this a known issue with the ST12?

Thanks,

Last edited:
I would suspect that there are not enough channels. The ST12 is a 12 channel controller, while the ST16 is 16 channel.

I’m not sure if functions can be remapped to allow this combination to work. Have you tried using the ST12 for camera control with the ST16 controlling the aircraft?

Unfortunately, this is not possible : when setting "team mode" on the st16, it makes the st12 available for pilot only.

Has anyone faced this situation?

Flying with not having the return home feature does not make me comfortable! What about loosing the connectivity during flight.... not sure my typhoon h would fly back...

Last edited:
I was looking into getting the typhoon but unsure waiting to see reviews , the controller it comes with , rth doesn’t work with ? That does sound scary

ST12 is an additional controller I got not from the original pack.
No problem with rth and the original ST16.

The controller that comes with the Typhoon H is the ST16 and it controls all functions just fine.

The discussion in this thread is about ‘team mode’ where one person pilots the aircraft, and the other controls the video functions.

Most that do this for a business use two ST16 controllers where all functions would be available.

Oh ok mid understood thanks how does it fly , I’m curious , any defects or issue besides I’m prolly gonna try next weekend to go get , also been looking at GoPro karma but haven’t read much on them

Hello,
In order to use dual pilote mode, I got an ST-12 along with the original ST-16.
Camera is controlled bu the ST-16 and drone by the ST-12 controller.
Everything works fine except "Return home" button that has no effect when using it.
I ried the ST-12 in standalone as well and have the same result.
Is this a known issue with the ST12?
Thanks,
Check the switches in Hardware Monitor and see if the switch is working properly.

I checked Hardware Monitor and switch is OK.

I did few more tests at home and there is actually a "Select Model" option which looked wrong to me on the ST12 : it was set on H520.
For a reason I ignore, Typhoon H is not available from this list, I can choose only among Typhoon 4K, Typhoon Plus, Chroma and H520.
I tested Typhoon 4K and when I now switch the return home button, the back led of the drone blinks red. I need to confirm outdoor that everything is OK now.

Oh ok mid understood thanks how does it fly , I’m curious , any defects or issue besides I’m prolly gonna try next weekend to go get , also been looking at GoPro karma but haven’t read much on them

Avoid the Karma as it has been discontinued and the company is essentially bankrupt.

I checked Hardware Monitor and switch is OK.

I did few more tests at home and there is actually a "Select Model" option which looked wrong to me on the ST12 : it was set on H520.
For a reason I ignore, Typhoon H is not available from this list, I can choose only among Typhoon 4K, Typhoon Plus, Chroma and H520.
I tested Typhoon 4K and when I now switch the return home button, the back led of the drone blinks red. I need to confirm outdoor that everything is OK now.
Because of the age of the ST12, I suspect the selection is the H920 rather than the H520. The Typhoon 4K selection should work for all of the flight functions.

...I suspect the selection is the H920 rather than the H520.
Correct ;)

Regarding Typhoon 4K the only command that seem not to work is the gimbal tilt and pan. When I try to pan, the gimbal make noise but stays on same position.

Anyway, I'll let you know during my next flight if return home works with this profile.

Correct ;)
Regarding Typhoon 4K the only command that seem not to work is the gimbal tilt and pan. When I try to pan, the gimbal make noise but stays on same position.
Anyway, I'll let you know during my next flight if return home works with this profile.
The CGO3 does not pan, only tilt. So the switches are working properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33