Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 automatically comes up telling me my camera is not connected

Reaction score
My ST16 automatically comes up telling me my camera is not connected. It will not let me go to the pad to reset. Any attempt to get out of the camera selection windows results in Camera not connect and it will not let me go anywhere else. Any suggestions as to how to get my camera to be seen?

Turn on the ST16 and go into Model Select screen. Create a new model and select it. Now back out, go into System Settings and select Bind. Turn on the aircraft and place into bind mode by tilting forward 45 degrees twice (the main LED will start flashing orange). Tap refresh on the bind screen then select and bind to the SR24xxxx. Once bound go to camera select and select CGO3_xxxxxx and bind it. Back out and select Home. You should connect and get a video feed

However, simply not having a camera connected should not prevent you from moving around the controller. If you are seeing the "Camera Connection Status" window as shown in the first picture, that one WILL prevent you from moving around. Return to the camera select screen and select the right camera.
The proper selection for a Typhoon H with CGo3+ is the "CGO3-Pro" as shown in the second picture. For a standard CG03 from a Q500, it would be the first selection. (Both would work on an ST10, but the ST16 requires the correct one for the camera you are using.)

Screenshot_2020-04-02-22-22-19.png Screenshot_2020-04-02-22-22-30.png

Reactions: DoomMeister
That is the main problem. When I turn the ST16 on, it tells me I need to select the right camera and forces me to go to that page. It will not let me select any of the cameras. It tells me nnoe are connected. I cannot do anything else because it will not let me get past this point. Is there a way to hard reset the ST16?

Is that what happens both with and without the aircraft powered on?

Reactions: WTFDproject
Yes,
It will not let me go to pad to do anything but keeps pushing me back to not have the correct camera connected but then not letting me connect any camera. It does this with the power on the copter or not. When the copter is on, the camera goes through its startup cycle and turns from red light to green flashing like it is supposed to but the ST16 still does not see it and the wifi never connects.

I’d like @SilentR9 to have a go at this one.

I understand his frustration. I haven't gone back to the refurbished cgo3 recently because of a problem that probably easy to figure it and I will get it right but until this weather here which is great I will just continue to fly the h. If these folks on here can't figure it out nobody can. Good luck, I know the feeling but I have a hunch you will be fine.

When the st16 powers up it tells me Camera Connection Status -- then under it states: Camera type is not match! Please select right camera type and then "ok" to go to the camera selection window. I cannot go anywhere else. It will not let me go the pad menu, nor System settings, nor model select. I have to hit ok or nothing. When I do it goes to camera select but will not none of the 4 choices will work. This is the same response with the drone powered-up or not.

Your ST-16 is caught in a loop. We are hoping the person I named above will see this post soon. He is good with the Android operating system and may know a way to get in and reset the Opersting System. Please be patient.

It will likely be much faster than sending it in for repair. Especially now with so many businesses deemed as non essential.

No, it is not but I am sending it back to Yuneec. It should be under warranty. and they sent me an RMA number. I am still waiting on the UPS/FedEx label for me to call them to come to pick it up. If someone can tell me how to do a hard reset on the ST16 Andriod device I would love to do that knowing CA is on lockdown and I might not get my ST16 back for months. Or any other suggestions before I ship it that would be great also.

Reactions: Jason Charbonneau
this is a easy fix, you need:
1: sd card reader
2: a brain :)
3: 10 mins or your time
let me know if you want to go this route.

Disconnect the battery, wait one minute or so (until all caps dischared) and reconnect the battery. Android will do a cold start. Then check if it works.

br HE
I thought of that already.
this is a easy fix, you need:
1: sd card reader
2: a brain :)
3: 10 mins or your time
let me know if you want to go this route.

DIsconnected the battery for over 6 hrs to make sure all caps were discharged and it had no effect. It came right back up the same way.

Let's see,
1. I have an sd card reader,
2. I have a brain,
3. I have 10 mins ar least
so, check, I would love to explore this option.
Your help would be most appreciated.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Let's see,
1. I have an sd card reader,
2. I have a brain,
3. I have 10 mins ar least
so, check, I would love to explore this option.
Your help would be most appreciated.
Can you get in contact with me via Skype or some kind of voice software so we can chat?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone