Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 calibrate

jld

Reaction score
Hello guy"s, I'm a frenchy so sorry for my approximative english ... I would like to know if someone could help me with an ST16 calibrate problem. I have a little stabilisation problem with rotative drift on in hover. When I try to calibrate my ST16, J3 doesn't pass on green. I looked in channel settings,, on ELE and J3. On the screen, this one have "pos 5% and Rate 5%" with the orange line on the right. And I have the same problem with J4 on AIL,, with "pos -1%, Rate -2%", and the orange line a little bit on left. I don't know if there is a connection between both but if someone have an idea for un lost french yuneec pilote, it would be fantastic ....
Good flghts everyone !!!

Screenshots would help to better understand the problem. If you think the problem may be with channel setting, create a new model from scratch, bind the aircraft to this one and check again. All channel settings are reset in this case.
If the problem persists there may be a HW error with the potis at the stick aggregate. If not go on with the new model.

br HE

PS: And welcome here in the forum. Nice people hare an a lot of helpful stuff.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Je ne connais aucun moyen de naviguer en toute sécurité dans les paramètres des canaux à l'aide de messages. Nous risquerions de créer un désordre, même si nous parlons la même langue. La chose de loin la plus sûre à faire serait de supprimer votre modèle actuel. Créez un nouveau modèle. Puis connectez le nouveau modèle à votre Typhoon H. Le nouveau modèle aura tous les paramètres standard du canal.
Si le problème avec J3 persiste, commencez par nettoyer ou remplacer les poteniomètres, puis calibrez les canaux uniquement si nécessaire. N'essayez pas de corriger un défaut dans les paramètres du canal.

I know of no way to safely navigate the channel settings using messages. We would likely create a mess, even if we spoke the same language. By far, the safest thing to do would be to delete your current model. Create a new model, and bind to it. The new model will have all standard channel settings.
If the issue with J3 continues, it needs to be addressed by cleaning or replacing the potentiometers first, then a channel calibration only if needed. Do not attempt to correct a defect with Channel Settings.

Screenshots would help to better understand the problem. If you think the problem may be with channel setting, create a new model from scratch, bind the aircraft to this one and check again. All channel settings are reset in this case.
If the problem persists there may be a HW error with the potis at the stick aggregate. If not go on with the new model.

br HE

PS: And welcome here in the forum. Nice people hare an a lot of helpful stuff.

Hi HE, thanks for your post and welcome message. Sorry, of course screenshots are better ... now the orange J3 and J4 lines are a little bite on left as you can see on the pictures before it was on right side ..... and I always can't calibrate J3 ST16. I don't know if I can dismount the right joystick and clean it .....

Attachments

• calibrate ST16.jpg
    calibrate ST16.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • J3 ELE channel settings.jpg
    J3 ELE channel settings.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • J3 screen.jpg
    J3 screen.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • J4 screen on AIL menu.jpg
    J4 screen on AIL menu.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Bonsoir WTFD,, merci pour votre réponse, soit vous maitrisez parfaitement le français soit vous avez un traducteur très performant ... je me risque donc en français ...
En fait, depuis quelque temps mon Ty H ne tient pas le vol stationnaire, dès que j'active la rotation (RUD) il dérive tout en tournant sur lui-même, surtout à droite. J'ai recalibré la boussole mais RAS. J'ai donc voulu recalibrer la ST16 et là problème : J3 refuse la calibration (ne passe pas au vert) ... il ne s'agit pourtant pas de la commande en cause dans mon problème. Du coup j'essaie de régler ce problème afin de mener à bien la calibration de la ST16.... Mon drone n'est plus sous garantie, la boutique qui me l'a vendu a fait faillite et du coup plus de distributeur dans ma région ...... je cherche donc la solution myself !

Good evening WTFD, thank you for your answer, either you have a perfect command of French or you have a very efficient translator ... so I venture into French ...
In fact, for some time now my Ty H has not been hovering, as soon as I activate the rotation (RUD) it drifts while turning on itself, especially to the right. I recalibrated the compass but it's clear. So I wanted to recalibrate the ST16 and there is a problem : J3 refuses the calibration (does not turn green) ... it is not the command that is the cause of my problem. So I try to solve this problem in order to calibrate the ST16....

Comme vous l'avez dit, il est nécessaire de réparer le problème mécanique avant de tenter un étalonnage.
Je pense que vous avez deux problèmes avec les potentiomètres.
Le premier est que le potentiomètre est légèrement corrodé. Ce problème est souvent réparé en déplaçant vigoureusement les bâtons pendant un certain temps. Il faut parfois utiliser un spray de nettoyage pour aider, et parfois même remplacer le potentiomètre.
L'autre problème est que le potentiomètre n'est pas bien fixé dans son support. Il s'agit d'un problème courant. La vidéo ci-dessous montre la pièce détachée. Certains ont utilisé des cales pour fixer la pièce. La plupart utilisent une sorte de colle. La colle chaude est souvent utilisée.
Une fois ces problèmes résolus, un calibrage peut être possible.
"ST16 sluggish gimbal"

As you said, it is necessary to repair the mechanical problem before attempting a calibration.
I think you have two problems with the potentiometers.
The first is that the potentiometer is slightly corroded. This problem is often repaired by vigorously moving the sticks around for a while. Sometimes you need to use a cleaning spray to help, and sometimes even replace the potentiometer.
The other problem is that the potentiometer is not well fixed in its holder. This is a common problem. The video below shows the spare part. Some have used shims to fix the part. Most use some kind of glue. Hot glue is often used.
Once these problems have been solved, calibration may be possible.
"ST16 sluggish gimbal"

Merci, mais je ne parle pas du tout français. J'utilise le "Deeple Translator". Il semble capter les petits détails dans les traductions. Je traduis ensuite dans ma propre langue, je corrige les erreurs et je répète jusqu'à ce qu'il en soit de même dans les deux langues.

Thank you, but I don't speak French at all. I use the Deeple Translator. It seems to pick up the little details in the translations. I then translate into my own language, correct the mistakes and repeat until it is the same in both languages.

As you said, it is necessary to repair the mechanical problem before attempting a calibration.
The first is that the potentiometer is slightly corroded. This problem is often repaired by vigorously moving the sticks around for a while. Sometimes you need to use a cleaning spray to help, and sometimes even replace the potentiometer.
The other problem is that the potentiometer is not well fixed in its holder. This is a common problem. The video below shows the spare part. Some have used shims to fix the part. Most use some kind of glue. Hot glue is often used.
"ST16 sluggish gimbal"

thanks a lot, j'ai ouvert la ST16, bougé les contacts du potentiomètre et ça marche, j'ai pu calibrer la ST16, J3 fonctionne normalement et je ferai un essai demain pour voir ça .... UN GRAND MERCI !!

thanks a lot, I opened the ST16, moved the contacts of the potentiometer and it works, I could calibrate the ST16, J3 works normally and I'll do a test tomorrow to see it .... A BIG THANK YOU !

I made this up to Help my Customers if it Helps

Attachments

• ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.1.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.2.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.2.png
    821.1 KB · Views: 22
  • ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.4.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.4.png
    857.8 KB · Views: 23
  • ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.3.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.3.png
    958.2 KB · Views: 23
  • ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.5.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.5.png
    873.3 KB · Views: 24
  • ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.6.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.7.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.7.png
    915.6 KB · Views: 19
  • ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.8.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.8.png
    982.8 KB · Views: 21
  • ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.9.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.9.png
    845.6 KB · Views: 16
  • ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.10.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.10.png
    865.3 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: jld

Attachments

• ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.11.png
    ST16 Calibration Proceedure 10.11.png
    672.9 KB · Views: 8
Comme vous l'avez dit, il est nécessaire de réparer le problème mécanique avant de tenter un étalonnage.
Je pense que vous avez deux problèmes avec les potentiomètres.
Le premier est que le potentiomètre est légèrement corrodé. Ce problème est souvent réparé en déplaçant vigoureusement les bâtons pendant un certain temps. Il faut parfois utiliser un spray de nettoyage pour aider, et parfois même remplacer le potentiomètre.
L'autre problème est que le potentiomètre n'est pas bien fixé dans son support. Il s'agit d'un problème courant. La vidéo ci-dessous montre la pièce détachée. Certains ont utilisé des cales pour fixer la pièce. La plupart utilisent une sorte de colle. La colle chaude est souvent utilisée.
Une fois ces problèmes résolus, un calibrage peut être possible.
"ST16 sluggish gimbal"

"ST16 sluggish gimbal"

Merci, mais je ne parle pas du tout français. J'utilise le "Deeple Translator". Il semble capter les petits détails dans les traductions. Je traduis ensuite dans ma propre langue, je corrige les erreurs et je répète jusqu'à ce qu'il en soit de même dans les deux langues.

Thank you, but I don't speak French at all. I use the Deeple Translator. It seems to pick up the little details in the translations. I then translate into my own language, correct the mistakes and repeat until it is the same in both languages.

I took the action of the
Hot Glue method.
I disassembled the
ST 16, and sure enough
the POT was loose. My case
Glue Worked.
Keith K

I took the action of the
Hot Glue method.
I disassembled the
ST 16, and sure enough
the POT was loose. My case
Glue Worked.
Keith K
I too have done the same thing, and never another issue, they move around don't they....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop