Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 communication failures

Reaction score
I have a problem with my ST16, before I want to inform you that I have 4 units of ST16, one of them has made me go through several scares with different drones typhoon H and HPRO, when least expected it loses all signal with the drone and in other opportunities I have all the signal on the screen but the drone does not respond to the orders indicated. I already did several tests with other ST16s and other drones and I have discovered that the problem is with this ST16 station, how can I solve this?

Attachments

• My Drones.jpeg
    My Drones.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 26
  • My st16 Radios.jpeg
    My st16 Radios.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 25
Are all controllers, aircraft, and cameras using the same firmware? Has the binding process been completed with every change?

All station has the same firmware, always first calibrate compassion before to fly, include I fly in team mode. The problem is with one st16. All of them works fine with all drones

I am looking at all this stuff in your 2 pictures and can't understand for the life of me how anyone could ever use keep track of or take care of 3 drones,4 transmitters extra parts range finders etc. I have enough problems with the pro I own and try to fly and take care of.Team mode to top it all off??Good luck with your fleet. Gonna be hard for the experts to help you as they will want History,one pair at a time I am sure. Keith C.

Reactions: RobertSterling
I use two ST16 to fly two drones in team mode, the third drone I use with a speaker to give alerts or with led lights for searches in emergencies. John

I use two ST16 to fly two drones in team mode, the third drone I use with a speaker to give alerts or with led lights for searches in emergencies. John

You may have an ST-16 with a problem. I would focus on troubleshooting just that one and leave the others out if the equation for simplification.

BTW, kudos for being in the world of pro aerial photography, where desired output often requires numerous types of equipment to obtain the desired results. Kind of like the photographer that has 10 different lenses for his DSLR. Once he learns how to use them they become valuable assets.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Hi Jemonis,
After using team mode you have to go back and reselect you original model and rebind to enable you to fly that H with one of the st16 controllers. You choose which one, if you want to use the other controller to fly the same H but not in team mode, you again have to make another model in that st16 and rebind it to the same H . But you can not have both controlers bound to the same H on at the same time unless they are in team mode . I think that should do it, I have all mine numbered with white correction fluid so that that does not happen. Don't forget ' Who's on first and what's on second and wheres on third then it the home run' lol. Just kidding. I hope that helps you out. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

You may have an ST-16 with a problem. I would focus on troubleshooting just that one and leave the others out if the equation for simplification.

BTW, kudos for being in the world of pro aerial photography, where desired output often requires numerous types of equipment to obtain the desired results. Kind of like the photographer that has 10 different lenses for his DSLR. Once he learns how to use them they become valuable assets.
I have identified the ST16 that has the probema and I do not want to fly with it since I am very afraid of damaging one of the drones, but I do want to fix the fault, I have looked for a lot of information about it but I cannot find a correct answer to my problem

Let's go through the stuff from easy to complex:
1. Switch off all drones and ST16 except the one in trouble.
2. Check with HW monitor if all sticks, switches and slider working as expected. Check again with output monitor (to get it tap sometimes on the voltage symbol).
3. Create new model from scratch as type: default Typhoon H model.
4. Remove the camera and switch on the drone.
5. Bind the tranceiver SR24 to the new model.
6. Check if all working without propeller. If yes, make a test flight (with propeller ;)).
7. Check FlightLogs if all looks good, especially the Remote and RemoteGPS files.
8. If all is good, mount the camera, bind it and test again.
9. Check again FlightLogs and videos taken.

br HE

I have a problem with an ST16, when it is least expected it loses communication with the Drone, I look at the data on the screen and they are fine but the Drone does not respond to the orders I give it, then it loses signal completely and restarts communication again. I already tried all the Drones and they work perfectly with the other ST16s and I can't figure out how to solve this.
I have all this equipment because we do professional filming for artists, events in general and a quality video is required so it is flown between two people, so the video is of better quality. On occasions we use the third drone to illuminate at night with led lights, depending on the need of the moment.

@h-elsner has made good recommendations, and I suspect you have the skills and knowledge to pursue the suggestions. I would also suggest uploading the flightlogs from the problem ST16 to the forum. Sometimes members can spot something helpful.

...and in other opportunities I have all the signal on the screen but the drone does not respond to the orders indicated.
When you say "signal on the screen", do you mean the video image from the 5.8GHz signal, the telemetry values from the 2.4GHz signal , or do you mean you have both?

Just trying to imagine all that with out having an anxiety attack!! ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval