Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Control Issue Typhoon H Plus

Reaction score
This one is a little odd: after calibrating GPS - getting 15 SAT on the controller and 12 on the drone I have approx. a 5 second delay when trying to lift off. Once in the air (5' off the deck) checking all the functions here is what happened. When I pushed the right stick forward it started to go UP and forward - pulling back it wants to go DOWN. Left stick seems to work properly. If you pro's can figure this out I would appreciate it. Jim

You have mixed channels so that pitch control has been mixed with throttle. You can check this by turning on the ST16 then double tapping on the Volts icon to display the Channel Output pop up window. Observe that Ch1 through Ch4 match stick movement of Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, and Rudder (left stick up/down, right stick left/right, right stick up/down, and left stick left/right). You will probably see when you move the right stick up/down you see both Ch3 and Ch1 move.

Create a new model and bind to it and check the Channel Output pop up with that new model before taking flight.

The other thing that puzzles me is you mention calibrating the GPS and there is no provision to do that on Yuneec aircraft (or any other brand that I am aware of).

Last edited:
Calibrating the GPS-been doing it since I bought it - do the same for my Q500. Just followed the basic instructions from Yuneec . . . . is there a problem in doing so . . . . it appears to be recommended if I change locations more than 10 mile.

Regarding the mixed controls - I'll do that; your quick response is appreciated - I've seen you help many people. THANK YOU

Reactions: Mike Irish
Ok, I think I understand what you mean now. That calibration is the Compass, not the GPS. Although the compass is mounted on the same circuit board as the GPS.

Believe me the doomeister knows and a multitude of other folks on here. I ain't one of them but seek and ye shall find.

Reactions: johnnyb57

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots