Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

st16 control problem

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I seem to have a problem. When in a hover my drone moves off to right.
I did recalibrate on compass, gimbal and machine. Still with the same problem. So I checked the st16.
in hardware it shows J3 going to Center and then applying about 15% rudder.
so I went to do a recalibrate on the controls via “about click click” and start a recalibrate.
I cannot get J3 to pass.
mid it time for a new st16 ????
Cheers leo.

Everyday is a school day. Thanks for the information. I’ll post a result when done. I presume I’ll remove battery and let it dry out after. I’ll use a electric contact cleaner.
cheers leo. ??

Reactions: WTFDproject
In another thread, I posted about the poor fixing of potentiometers. Check and resolve this before any calibration.

Everyday is a school day. Thanks for the information. I’ll post a result when done. I presume I’ll remove battery and let it dry out after. I’ll use a electric contact cleaner.
cheers leo. ??
I remove the back of the ST16, then remove the stick (gimbal) assemblies. This allows me to spray the plastic safe contact cleaner only on the potentiometers. It also helps clean the contacts where the stick assemblies plug into the mixer board. If you clean them well enough, a good stir on the sticks before a flying session is usually enough to keep them functioning well. Always check them in the Hardware Monitor before flying.

Hi guys.
so I got a new can of cleaner but no straw with this one.
yes I think I’ll remover sticks and clean properly before reassemble. Very easy to get a fly away the way it is now. I think always worth checking them before a flight from now on. Thanks for all the help guys.
when the sheckles allow me I Gona move up to a new model 520.
Maybe Santa might call my way, doubt full tho ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval