Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 controller application bug? - SOLVED

Reaction score
I know (because I used it earlier) when we want to check available updates we use 3 dots icon of settings.
Then there is displayed a list of available wifi connections.
Then when we select one of wifi name the new dialog about password typing pops up.

This was not happened today.
When I tap some of wifi name of list, there is nothing more happen. None dialog.
Screen keyboard only blinks for single second and hide.

And the list of wifi stays on the screen focus continuously.

Actually I cannot use this way checking of available updates in the application.

I can confirm, this above issue appears because I turned on Histogram preview.

When Histogram is displayed, no matter if you are connected with camera and drone or just use ST16 alone.

In this moment you cannot connect to wifi, you cannot type the wifi password, to check available updates.

Of course , to switch Histogram off, you have to connect ST16 with camera and use camera's settings dialog.

That's such small bug in application.

Reactions: DCH
I can confirm, this above issue appears because I turned on Histogram preview.

When Histogram is displayed, no matter if you are connected with camera and drone or just use ST16 alone.

In this moment you cannot connect to wifi, you cannot type the wifi password, to check available updates.

Of course , to switch Histogram off, you have to connect ST16 with camera and use camera's settings dialog.

That's such small bug in application.
Thank you for posting the answer.

Another solution to this issue is not to continually search for updates. There haven’t been any in awhile and with the release of the H3 there are not likely to be any.

There’s also the continuous problem of updates working as they should. If you have a well functioning system, introduction of a new update places you at high risk of downloading new problems or restrictions.

Unless an update is stated to provide new and desired capabilities there are few reasons to update, and even then only if an update is well proven to be bug free. Don’t try to fix something that’s not broken as you may break what worked perfectly previously.

Last edited:
Yes. But how do you know if new update makes or not some important fix for safe flight in the air? And not only new features designed better or worse?

Another solution to this issue is not to continually search for updates. There haven’t been any in awhile and with the release of the H3 there are not likely to be any.

There’s also the continuous problem of updates working as they should. If you have a well functioning system, introduction of a new update places you at high risk of downloading new problems or restrictions.

Unless an update is stated to provide new and desired capabilities there are few reasons to update, and even then only if an update is well proven to be bug free. Don’t try to fix something that’s not broken as you may break what worked perfectly previously.

Yes. But how do you know if new update makes or not some important fix for safe flight in the air? And not only new features designed better or worse?

Research, forums like this, can help.

Beta testers (there are always some) will let us know if an update has been released, and whether it is worthwhile to install.

Research, forums like this, can help.

Beta testers (there are always some) will let us know if an update has been released, and whether it is worthwhile to install.

And there are some on this forum.

So... no fix for the on screen keyboard not showing? I too have the histogram overlay and can not turn it off without going into settings. I cannot connect to the camera to turn the histogram off so that I can use the keyboard to connect to camera.

OK... CRAZY WORKAROUND...

While the camera is not connected, there is a backdrop of two splash images that cycle back and forth. When the image switches, you can see the keyboard faintly.

Check your settings (outside of the app) to ensure that you can hear keypresses as you perform the below:

1. change from alphanumeric to number by pressing the button on the lower left corner
2. input the password '1234567890' as you can see during the image switch
3. press 'Done' right side of screen near the bottom
4. press 'OK' located just right of the center of the screen (you can see the 'Cancel' button during image switch, the OK is to the right of this)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt