Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

St16 correct time

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Foundryratjim, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Foundryratjim

I can not get my st16 to read the correct time. I set the time zone to mine (EST). It always shows an hour earlier. I don't see anything to correct for DST. I am current with updates. Help!!,

2. grandpawmoses

Just adjust your time zone to display the correct DST.

3. Foundryratjim

That did not work. When I turn off the turn the controller back on it reverts back.

4. Foundryratjim

There was a thread this in 2016, but there was no resolution in it.

5. Tuna

As the other thread said, this is a known bug with Yuneec firmware and cannot be fixed.

Time is updated from the GPS fix and adjusted according to your location. However, it doesn't take account of the actual timezone you've set on the ST-16, so may be wrong if you have a summer-time offset or live close to a time zone boundary.

You cannot do anything to change this. All settings changes will be overridden when you next fly and get a GPS fix.

Steve Carr likes this.
  6. Foundryratjim

Thank you! I won't put anymore time into.

7. PatR

You won't, it doesn't, give up on it now and waste no more time trying to fix something that can't be fixed. Set it all you want, the next time you link up with the GPS it will go right back to what it was. Tuna has it right on.

8. grandpawmoses

Thanks for the info. I never pay attention to the clock on the ST16.

9. Foundryratjim

Another example of helpful this forum is!

10. Dan Engelbreth

Not going to waste much time on this, but still curious......
    One problem "solved" - the ST 16 clock gets its time from your GPS position as soon as its turned on, no matter what you set it to and does not calculate Daylight Savings Time.
    Second time mystery: The video time stamps on my CGO3+ Micro SD card always shows local time MINUS 5 hours. Clearly there is a relationship to UTC that must be also controlled by the GPS location. However in my case, Eastern Standard Time is actually UTC MINUS 5 hours. Anyone want to wade in? Can anyone in different time zones chime in with their video time stamps?

#10 Dan Engelbreth, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  11. kd4pbs

I've noticed the same thing with mine, and it really makes no sense. I flew at 3:30pm, but the file creation date was 10:30am in the EDT time zone. If it were using GMT without time zone correction, of course the file time should be 8:30pm. It is as if someone didn't figure out the proper direction to apply time zone information to the GPS clock, which is always in GMT, unless the system is set up to determine time zone from geographic location. I'm thinking the best solution is to simply set the time zone in the ST16 to GMT and always remember that all times will be GMT, and use your noggin power to determine times from there.
    I plan on doing just that when I get home just to see where things go.

12. Dan Engelbreth

This will not work, as noted before, setting the time in the ST16 to anything other than your actual time zone is fruitless because the next time it acquires a GPS lock (its turned on) it will know your longitude and convert that into your correct timezone time disregarding daylight savings conversion..... so it does seem that one of the codemasters at Yuneec dropped the ball on this one, but seems like such an easy fix - change the video timestamp from local time minus your timezone offset, to UTC minus your timezone offset..

#12 Dan Engelbreth, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    kd4pbs likes this.
  13. kd4pbs

What a shame. I, for one, would love the option to simply set the time to UTC all the time. Makes life much easier.

14. Dr Delta

I use my watch.
    If the time stamp is off I correct it in my personal logfiles.

To simple....!

;)

PatR likes this.
  15. PatR

Never underestimate the ability of our own intelligence to come up with an effective solution;)

16. Louie

I live in southern California and my videos and photos are date stamped local time MINUS 7 hours. I have a Q500 4K. It seems that this is a situation that exists with all CGO3 cameras.