Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Li ion battery.How to use a Graupner ULTRA DUO Plus 45 charger

Reaction score
Traduction

Hello
I want to use my Graupner ULTRA DUO Plus 45 charger instead of the original charger. A Li-battery of course we need to be recharged but should we also provide a discharge or storage? And can you give me advice on the settings on the charger.
With my thanks, Hello hello from France

Original

Bonjour
Je souhaite utiliser mon chargeur Graupner ULTRA DUO Plus 45 à la place du chargeur d'origine. Une batterie Li on a bien sur besoin d'être rechargée mais faut-il prévoir aussi une décharge ou un stockage? Et pouvez vous me donner des conseils sur les réglages sur le chargeur.
Avec mes remerciements, amical bonjour de France

It's very easy and almost all chargers are the same. You choose LIPO batteries, BALANCED CHARGE to charge the batteries when you are going to fly. Do not charge them more than 1 day before going to fly. Do not store fully charged batteries if you are not going to use them.

When you are not going to use them select LIPO / STORAGE. This way you leave them at half load, 3.85V per cell. It is necessary to check them every 2 or 3 months of use and put them back in STORAGE. Store them in an area with a cool temperature, as low as possible. Recommended at 4 degrees, but we are not going to use the figorifico to use them, that is as close to that as possible.

To connect the batteries use a Yuneec battery adapter cable.

Unless the ST-16S uses a completely different battery than the ST-16; the battery is a Li-Ion, not a LiPo... no storage level discharge needed... also as a single cell battery, it does not need any balancing.

Google Translate:

À moins que le ST-16S utilise une batterie complètement différente de celle du ST-16; la batterie est un Li-Ion, pas un LiPo ... aucune décharge de niveau de stockage nécessaire ... également en tant que pile simple, elle n’a besoin d’aucun équilibrage.

Last edited:
Indeed, the procedure is different if we talk about the ST16S battery, it is Li-on instead of LiPo. That charger will also have the way to charge Lion batteries, almost everyone has it.

One thing that both types of batteries have in common is that they should never be lower than 3V per cell because if you don't have to throw them away, they would be useless.

Hello. Thank you for your answers. There is of course the charger that I use, the program for Li Ion. I had only used Lipo until now. My only observation is that the ST16s does not tell me the battery at 100%. Battery a little tired?
For the moment it does not matter, I prefer to use the Graupner charger. Thanks again to everyone.

Original in French
Bonjour. Merci pour vos réponses.Il y a bien sur le chargeur que j'utilise, le programme pour Li Ion. Je n'avais utilisé que pour Lipo jusqu'a maintenant. Ma seule constatation est que la ST16s ne m'indique pas la batterie à 100%. Batterie un peu fatiguée?
Pour le moment ce n'est pas grave, je préfère utiliser le chargeur Graupner. Merci encore à tous.

Hello. Thank you for your answers. There is of course the charger that I use, the program for Li Ion. I had only used Lipo until now. My only observation is that the ST16s does not tell me the battery at 100%. Battery a little tired?
For the moment it does not matter, I prefer to use the Graupner charger. Thanks again to everyone.

Original in French
Bonjour. Merci pour vos réponses.Il y a bien sur le chargeur que j'utilise, le programme pour Li Ion. Je n'avais utilisé que pour Lipo jusqu'a maintenant. Ma seule constatation est que la ST16s ne m'indique pas la batterie à 100%. Batterie un peu fatiguée?
Pour le moment ce n'est pas grave, je préfère utiliser le chargeur Graupner. Merci encore à tous.

If you put in the right battery capacity, milliamps, I should tell you. The charging process is done in two steps, charging 80% without balancing (what is known as fast charging) and then the remaining 20%, which is usually what consumes more time is the balancing of all cells. In the Li-ion batteries the procedure is similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22