Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 throttle gimbal repair/replacement

Reaction score
I have done the Electronic Cleaner spray procedure as outlined in the Yuneec Typhoon Repair Tutorials series on YouTube several times. While it always gets the throttle gimbal/pot working it is a temporary fix. After sitting for a period of time the throttle stick goes back to it's reduced range as well as being extremely sluggish.

And it looks like the part (YUNST16105) is out of stock everywhere I looked.

Has anyone come up with a alternative way to clean the gimbal/pot that will give better/longer lasting results?

I have considered cannibalizing one of the gimbals from my ST10 transmitter for the time being. I would prefer not doing that.

For now anyway.....

Reaction score
Unfortunatly I do not have another way of repairing it without replacing the gimbal. But it might help you to know that the gimbal of the ST16+ fits inside the ST16. I am not quite sure but I don't think it is working the other way around in case anybody is wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrgs1

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have done the Electronic Cleaner spray procedure as outlined in the Yuneec Typhoon Repair Tutorials series on YouTube several times. While it always gets the throttle gimbal/pot working it is a temporary fix. After sitting for a period of time the throttle stick goes back to it's reduced range as well as being extremely sluggish.

And it looks like the part (YUNST16105) is out of stock everywhere I looked.

Has anyone come up with a alternative way to clean the gimbal/pot that will give better/longer lasting results?

I have considered cannibalizing one of the gimbals from my ST10 transmitter for the time being. I would prefer not doing that.

For now anyway.....
I thought some get a longer lasting fix by taking the controller apart, cleaning and lubricating the joystick properly from the rear.

Reactions: Riktar
Reaction score
In Europa. We find almost all parts available, especially in Germany.
He no longer sends parts to the USA, too many customs fees, Say a big thank you to your president .......... pffff.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DoomMeister
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the part but I think shipping would kill as I am in the US.

And I will probably break down and disassemble the transmitter so I can really get in there and clean. I am going to look for ANY markings on the pot and see if that might be available.

I did see the ad on ebay.....

1. Used. it would really bite to but one that might fail in short order and leave me right back where I am now.
2. Priced way higher than the same part brand new. And yes, I get the supply and demand thing. I am just NOT paying that price for a used one....

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iustina