Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Tilt Slider

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
The Tilt Slider on my ST16 acts like it needs cleaning. It doesn't allow the camera to return to the full up position. Hardware output confirms this, and calibrating it has no effect. I removed it to clean it, but the pot appears to be sealed. Has anyone ever had this problem, and has anyone ever successfully managed to get cleaner inside of it?

The Tilt Slider on my ST16 acts like it needs cleaning. It doesn't allow the camera to return to the full up position. Hardware output confirms this, and calibrating it has no effect. I removed it to clean it, but the pot appears to be sealed. Has anyone ever had this problem, and has anyone ever successfully managed to get cleaner inside of it?

DCH,

When you try the gimbal calibration, do you have the gimbal slider in the middle of its travel?

If not, you might want to give that a try.

Good luck!

Jeff

When you try the gimbal calibration, do you have the gimbal slider in the middle of its travel?
Yep.:confused:

hi calibration st16 my friend
The calibration I performed was in the secret menu hidden behind "About Controller".
I'm not sure quite what you mean by "hi" calibration, but I wasn't hi when I performed it. Maybe that's the problem, do I need to get hi first?:oops:

Reactions: PatR
Make sure when you do the calibration, you put it back to the middle before you hit the finish button. I had this same issue when I calibrated mine. Took me a while to figure it out.

Reactions: DCH
OK now that we have clarified about the calibration being for the ST-16 secret menu, one easy to miss procedure is as stated by TurboDad81... before beginning the secret menu calibration, both wheel sliders that control tilt and rate on the bottom of the ST-16 should be centered. When doing the calibration and you put each of these slider controls through it's range of motion... once you get the green button for that slider, re-center before going on to the next. This will help ensure that the calibration process completes successfully.

Well, if you get high first and the calibration fails, at least you’ll be high....then you can kick back with some tunes and not worry about it for a while. Before you start, make a list:

1. Calibration
2. Listen to music

......in case you forget.....it happens.....not that I have any point of reference on this. I live in Texas, not Colorado.

Reactions: DCH
OK now that we have clarified about the calibration being for the ST-16 secret menu, one easy to miss procedure is as stated by TurboDad81...When doing the calibration and you put each of these slider controls through it's range of motion... once you get the green button for that slider, re-center before going on to the next. This will help ensure that the calibration process completes successfully.
Well, if you get high first and the calibration fails, at least you’ll be high....then you can kick back with some tunes and not worry about it for a while. Before you start, make a list:

1. Calibration
2. Listen to music

Darn, I was hoping I needed to get hi first! :confused:
Well Eagle, I am fairly certain I had the wheels centered (this isn't my first rodeo), but I really can't say 100% for certain, and I really don't remember if I was hi before I started. I guess I better go back and take it step by step. ;) (Now where did I put those Scooby Snacks?)

Thanks for the pointers Fred, and the list is a nice touch! Clearly you have done this before!

Make sure when you do the calibration, you put it back to the middle before you hit the finish button. I had this same issue when I calibrated mine. Took me a while to figure it out.
This is something I never thought about. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: TurboDad81
This is something I never thought about. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!
Yes sir. I couldn't figure out why mine kept looking down 45° after I calibrated it. I was setting it to center before I started, running the sliders up and down, and then hitting finish. I'm sure if I had flown it like that, it would've only went 1/2 speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval