Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16E No Display

Reaction score
Good morning and happy Friday from Texas All! This is the second time I am noticing an issue where after powering the RC that neither the LED next to the switch or the screen power up. I can hear the fans and tried several batteries but no display. I even tried to plug it in to see if I could get the battery charge indicator which worked the last time this happened but nothing this morning. I swear last time it happened I gave it a little tap and it started working but that could have just been by coincidence.

Good morning and happy Friday from Texas All! This is the second time I am noticing an issue where after powering the RC that neither the LED next to the switch or the screen power up. I can hear the fans and tried several batteries but no display. I even tried to plug it in to see if I could get the battery charge indicator which worked the last time this happened but nothing this morning. I swear last time it happened I gave it a little tap and it started working but that could have just been by coincidence.
I know you are more familiar with Yuneec (or any other company) than most, so I will mention "If it's under warranty, send it back" for the sake of others.

The fact it may have responded to "percussive maintenance" ("gave it a little tap", "whacked it with a hammer", etc.) brings into possibility a bad connection somewhere.
Possibly corrosion on a ribbon or cable connector. Those can be checked and cleaned.
Unfortunately, also possibly a cold solder joint, cracked solder, or a failed component. Those can be narrowed down a bit if you have another controller you can use to swap parts around and find find the board with the issue. Otherwise, it becomes a time consuming and likely unproductive exercise in playing hide and seek. Since the blue light is acting strangely, I would start with the switch itself.
If the problem can't be found by cleaning the connectors, it will probably be best to send it for repair.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I know you are more familiar with Yuneec (or any other company) than most, so I will mention "If it's under warranty, send it back" for the sake of others.

The fact it may have responded to "percussive maintenance" ("gave it a little tap", "whacked it with a hammer", etc.) brings into possibility a bad connection somewhere.
Possibly corrosion on a ribbon or cable connector. Those can be checked and cleaned.
Unfortunately, also possibly a cold solder joint, cracked solder, or a failed component. Those can be narrowed down a bit if you have another controller you can use to swap parts around and find find the board with the issue. Otherwise, it becomes a time consuming and likely unproductive exercise in playing hide and seek. Since the blue light is acting strangely, I would start with the switch itself.
If the problem can't be found by cleaning the connectors, it will probably be best to send it for repair.
Thanks for this. I have already contacted support and am waiting to hear back but I too am afraid it is a connection issue. I have now powered it off and on several times successfully so hopefully I can get through today. Sketchy, but even with the screen off the switches sill worked. There's something to be said for mechanical switches... I'm talking to you Tesla!

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
Can you measure the voltage of the battery? This sounds like some charging circuit issues that cropped up in other versions of the ST16.

I just saw @WTFDproject post and agree with his assessment. The switch is a good place to start, but the issue of no screen with the switches functioning sounds like it could also be a backlight issue also.

With this being under warranty they should send you a replacement and return shipper for this malfunctioning one. QC needs an update to their practices.

Can you measure the voltage of the battery? This sounds like some charging circuit issues that cropped up in other versions of the ST16.

I just saw @WTFDproject post and agree with his assessment. The switch is a good place to start, but the issue of no screen with the switches functioning sounds like it could also be a backlight issue also.

With this being under warranty they should send you a replacement and return shipper for this malfunctioning one. QC needs an update to their practices.
I tried 4 different fully charged batteries. I'm sure we'll be getting a replacement. Looking forward to all the updates and reconfiguration!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeedentclinic