Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16s battery external charge lead? Does it exist?

Reaction score
Since charging the ST16s using the standard USB lead from the factory charger takes forever minus 2 minutes, is there an adapter to use an aftermarket charger?

When I am in a hurry I have removed the batt and charged it using a couple of thin metal spade terminals and jumper wires. It works but requires some care. You need to connect the ST to your wifi so the time and date get updated after installing the battery.

There is also this option:

Reactions: DCH
I read somewhere that because it is a USB cord you can charge it with any USB charger... even your cell phone's quick charger. Can anybody confirm this?

I read somewhere that because it is a USB cord you can charge it with any USB charger... even your cell phone's quick charger. Can anybody confirm this?
Absolutely. The difference between charging the battery in the controller and charging it after it's removed is the charging rate. When it's charged in the controller the charge rate is limited to about 1 -1.5 amps. Removing and charging externally allows a higher charging rate.

Reactions: KellyR
Absolutely. The difference between charging the battery in the controller and charging it after it's removed is the charging rate. When it's charged in the controller the charge rate is limited to about 1 -1.5 amps. Removing and charging externally allows a higher charging rate.
And loss of time like the ST16 battery?

When going from one project to another, I plug into my usb car charger. At home I don't use the OEM charger anymore.
Use the phone charger it's faster.

Indeed, it's Germany and I've bought them things, no problem. They make their own developments of some things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop