Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S Data Wipe, Missing App

Reaction score
I've been having a lot of quirky issues with my H Plus since upgrading to Build 784. So, I did a factory reset on the ST16S. I went into the Flight Control app and calibrated the sticks and switches. But, now my app to actually fly the machine is gone. I saved the OTA files on my desktop and renamed some of the .yuneec files to .zip files, like stated in the Downgrade/Upgrade C23 sticky thread. Someone please guide me through getting that app back or even forcing the 784 update again. I can't figure it out for the life of me.

EDIT: I pulled the trigger on starting the thread a little soon. I found the .apk in the files and downloaded it to the ST16S. It now has the app again.

Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect this but we lent our H Plus out for a demo and they have reset the ST16S to factory. Just got android and no app :(.

Any where I can download this as I have been going around it cuticles for a few hours.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sorry to resurrect this but we lent our H Plus out for a demo and they have reset the ST16S to factory. Just got android and no app :(.
Any where I can download this as I have been going around it cuticles for a few hours.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Do you have an older firmware update saved? If so, put in on an sd card and reboot the ST16. I think it will install.

No I did not, but downloaded one of the updates from here and extracted the App.

Man a little painful for something that could be so simple. Never imagined a simple reset would loose it all.

Well no that was not an issue they wanted to clear the flight data and I’m a little surprised a provided system reset would put it in an unusable state.

But it’s fixed so all good. :).

If I reset my phone and it lost the phone App and it was not available I’d also think that was a little silly.

No I did not, but downloaded one of the updates from here and extracted the App.
Man a little painful for something that could be so simple. Never imagined a simple reset would loose it all.
Most of the pain is not having a procedure to follow. Considering this is a relatively new product it would be beneficial if you opened a thread in the "How-to" section for the H Plus. This Forum is often the go-to source for this kind of information.

Reactions: georgero
[QUOTE="TurboDad81, post: 163872, member: 14614"
I've been having a lot of quirky issues with my H Plus since upgrading to Build 784. So, I did a factory reset on the ST16S. I went into the Flight Control app and calibrated the sticks and switches. But, now my app to actually fly the machine is gone. I saved the OTA files on my desktop and renamed some of the .yuneec files to .zip files, like stated in the Downgrade/Upgrade C23 sticky thread. Someone please guide me through getting that app back or even forcing the 784 update again. I can't figure it out for the life of me.

EDIT: I pulled the trigger on starting the thread a little soon. I found the .apk in the files and downloaded it to the ST16S. It now has the app again.
[/QUOTE]

Can you send me the apk you have to my email? I bought an ST16S for the plus but the guy I think did the factory reset and then send it to me.
My email is [email protected]. I try to contact the service center but they are impossible to reach here. Thank you in advance.

One of Yuneec’s more prominent failings is not creating and publishing complete and concise update process information. In that failing they assure a high percentage of user issues while reducing their sales due to customer product perception uncertainty. In saving a few hundred dollars in tech document development they’ve probably lost 10’s of thousands of $$ in sales.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis