Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S offline maps format?

Reaction score
Has anyone worked around this? I can download on the PC all that I want from almost every map provider. What I should do further to use it on the ST? To download there via WiFi is not an option. If nobody did this I'll start from scratch, but it better is to be not alone in my findings. ;)

Done!

The directory in ST16S (520!), where the exports are stored is: /data/media/0/DataPilot/Missions
The format of files is the same as in the QGroundControl for Windows.
Select a provider, download wanted tiles, export the database. By default there: Documents\QGroundControl\Missions
Copy the wanted DB's to the mentioned directory in the ST16S.

Change permissions and, if you want the group and the owner too. For example. The first is exported from the ST, the second is injected by me.
-rw-rw-r-- media_rw media_rw 2367488 2021-12-19 17:37 123.qgctiledb
-rw-rw-r-- root root 49967104 2021-12-19 19:46 def.qgctiledb

All this is accessible via adb shell su.

The process can be automated via script. If someone wants this, let do it.

A small issue. QGC without connection to the drone can show maps via some difficulties. The path to access the export button is discoverable, but to say what region to sniff and which levels are impossible as I can see. Any solution to imitate full possibilities without a drone? BTW I'm not sure is possible with a drone too...

Usually, for this task, I'm using SASPlanet, a great Russian software with a lot of features, but maybe the QGC is missing.

Forget to say an important thing. With SAS all movements on the map should be adequate. Google is not tolerant to giving the whole world for download and you can get a temporary ban. Never tried to get a permanent and I can't say how to resolve this final destination.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis