Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Standard recharge time for ST16? Mine is 6+ hours and still not fully charged

Reaction score
I've had the ST16 plugged in for well over 6 hours using the provided charging station (but with no Typhoon battery) and it's not giving me a full charge.... I was at roughly 25% And 6 hours ++ later I'm only at 76%

Anyway to trouble shoot what the problem is? Charger? The ST16? The battery?

Thanks.

Not ssure the problem. However i charge now with a separate plug in the wall.

Bill W.

I've had the ST16 plugged in for well over 6 hours using the provided charging station (but with no Typhoon battery) and it's not giving me a full charge.... I was at roughly 25% And 6 hours ++ later I'm only at 76%

Thanks.
Four hours approximately from a 25% charge, something ain't right my friend. Take the battery out and re-plug it in and re-connect to charger and see if it helps

Thanks.

I would say there is no problem - mine takes ages on usb connector.. It is a 8000mAh battery being charged at probably 1 amp hour. I never let mine go below a day's flying - 50% - 6 Typhoon batteries before recharging. If you have a normal lipo charger you could make up a cable with an EC2 connector and do the job in a sensible time.

I would say there is no problem - mine takes ages on usb connector.. It is a 8000mAh battery being charged at probably 1 amp hour. I never let mine go below a day's flying - 50% - 6 Typhoon batteries before recharging. If you have a normal lipo charger you could make up a cable with an EC2 connector and do the job in a sensible time.
Still is way longer than mine has ever taken! But your are wise in not letting it dip below 50%, That's my limit on the 16

I've got two H chargers and the charging time is the same on both.
6 hours on the 16 on both? If I fly my H batteries down to 14.5v, they take 1.5 to 2 hours to fully charge. The ST16 taken down to 50% takes me about 2-3 hrs to fully charge on stock charger. Maybe I have a supercharged stock charger? LOL !:rolleyes:

I have a UP120AC charger for my batteries. Which I love. But. I don't see a connection for USB on that to charge the ST.

Four hours approximately from a 25% charge, something ain't right my friend. Take the battery out and re-plug it in and re-connect to charger and see if it helps

Ok. But how do I take the battery out? I'm afraid it looks like it's permanently installed. I don't want to pull on those red/black wires that feed into the unit!

How do I plus a usb into the wall? LOL. Or am I not understanding?
0963a836659f1cc7a093c76014cad815.jpg

What you charge your phone with.

Bill W.

I usually charge the ST16 with the USB output of my Hitek x2 charger. This takes probably 3-4 hours or more to charge from around 50%. I am making a up a cable to charge at a higher rate (not sure what figure yet) if need be.
Probably a 2.4 amp usb supply would be about right.

Opps. I just found a USB port on the side of the UP120. Can I plug the ST directly into that? I'm sorry. I just don' know anything about voltages and amps and stuff.

UPDATE: I plugged it in and it doesn't look like it fried anything so I guess the answer is yes. So we'll see if the charge time speeds up now. Thanks everyone for being so helpful.

Attachments

• IMAG0779.jpg
    IMAG0779.jpg
    955.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Opps. I just found a USB port on the side of the UP120. Can I plug the ST directly into that? I'm sorry. I just don' know anything about voltages and amps and stuff.

UPDATE: I plugged it in and it doesn't look like it fried anything so I guess the answer is yes.
I bet you can....what does everyone else think?

Bill W.

I got an EC-2 connector for my Hitec charger. Charge my ST-16 battery @4 amps in a few hours.
There is probably a current limiter inside the ST-16 so charging via the ST-16 usb port will take for ever. Most USB chargers are limited to about 2.1 amps or less.
I have left my ST-16 plugged into a USB port over night when I am not in a hurry. Just like your cell phone, it has an internal charge cut off.

If you have an android phone just use your phone charger,3-4 hours from about 10% and it'll be charged upto 100%

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval