Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Start & stop button

Reaction score
To start motors we must hold down the start button for 3 SECONDS.

If we are flying, how long we must keep pressed the button to turn off motors?.

or shuts off motors immediately?.

To start motors we must hold down the start button for 3 SECONDS.

If we are flying, how long we must keep pressed the button to turn off motors?.

or shuts off motors immediately?.
Your H520 comes with instructions, what, where, how and do's. BTW, land first then turn off motors.

Reactions: Gdmoe
That in full flight you can disarm the engines? Are you sure about that?

It's normal for nothing to happen, as a security measure. I can't think of any reason to disarm the engines in mid-flight either.

That in full flight you can disarm the engines? Are you sure about that?

It's normal for nothing to happen, as a security measure. I can't think of any reason to disarm the engines in mid-flight either.
You get a warning message if you touch the red button in flight.

You get a warning message if you touch the red button in flight.

Logically, it would be crazy if you could disarm the engines in full flight and more when a single button is dedicated to that task.

When a stick position is used it has already given problems to disarm in flight but it was solved by checking that it was not in the air. More than one "bird" just crashed.......

...<snip>... I can't think of any reason to disarm the engines in mid-flight either.
I can.

It's in the process of having a fly-away heading towards public or an airport, say. Stopping the motors will stop it in it's tracks. Indeed, my CAA approved Operations Manual has a boldface section for when dealing with a fly-away, and stopping the motors (when it is safe to do so...no-one is directly below it) is the final option that it mentions.

Reactions: Addison
The H can kill the motors in flight if the operator is so stupid as to hold the disarm button down. There's a few that can't seem to land one any other way. It's reasonable the same can be done with the 520. The rest of the would should not be expected to protect people from their own stupidity. You can't engineer stupid out of any system.

Reactions: ChefBazz
It's quite difficult but not impossible to turn off the Typhoon H while in flight, but it takes much longer then 3 seconds. I usually do a hand catch, and because it is elevated above it's launch point, the Typhoon H will fight to NOT shut down. It's basically saying NO NO NO I'll crash! Sometimes as long as 10 seconds with the craft fighting to lift out of my hands.

Michael.
The H520 has a completely different flight controller. It's unrelated to the H480. I have both systems. The H520 is outperforming the H480 in all aspects, including launch and retrieval.
The procedures for each H differ slightly. I'm not hand launching the H520 unless the conditions force me. It auto-launches and lands gently and predictably every time, so far. No red button used.

The H480 is good with hand launch and catch. It is a bit tricky until you get practice.
Advice is be very gentle holding the landing gear. The less you influence the position while holding down the red button, the better the result. This helps to avoid the angry cat reaction, but not every time.
Thanks.

Michael.
The H520 has a completely different flight controller. It's unrelated to the H480. I have both systems. The H520 is outperforming the H480 in all aspects, including launch and retrieval.
The procedures for each H differ slightly. I'm not hand launching the H520 unless the conditions force me. It auto-launches and lands gently and predictably every time, so far. No red button used.

The H480 is good with hand launch and catch. It is a bit tricky until you get practice.
Advice is be very gentle holding the landing gear. The less you influence the position while holding down the red button, the better the result. This helps to avoid the angry cat reaction, but not every time.
Thanks.
Thanks Matchy41, yes I should have stated I have the H480. Fascinating change between the two drones. In your opinion, is the H520 worth the bucks?

Thanks Matchy41, yes I should have stated I have the H480. Fascinating change between the two drones. In your opinion, is the H520 worth the bucks?
IMO, the 520 is way safer and that goes well with performing planned tasks.
The H520 is for doing straight work. It would be a shame to hover it around or burn through batteries stick-slapping it around.

Besides being hexacopters, they're all around as different as the price suggests.

Hello,

the start / stop button is an emergency stop switch.

if you press the start / stop button in the flight, the motors go out sofot.
A single press is enough.
There is also a message on the ST16s, but that's no use anymore!

So, at the moment, I'd rather be off the start / stop button.
screenshot_2017-10-09-11-15-16.616

s
screenshot_2017-10-09-11-15-16.616
Screenshot_2017-10-09-11-15-16 | Yuneec Drone Forum

greeting
Fan Tho Mass

I’ll simply trust in the Darwin principle. Those having the necessary intelligence to avoid unnecessary risk survive to play another day. Same applies to multirotors. Those that think before they do end up crashing fewer multirotors. The others help keep manufacturers profitable.

Hallo,

Mit dem letzten Firmware-Update v1.1.6 für den Kopter wurde die Not-Aus-Funktion entfernt.
Man kann nur vermuten, dass einige Piloten diese Funktion ausprobiert haben.:verwirrt:

Gruß
FanThoMass

------------------------------------------------------------

German translation:

Hallo,

mit dem letzten Firmwareupdate v1.1.6 für den Copter wurde die Notausfunktion herausgenommen.
Man kann nur vermuten, dass einige Piloten diese Funktion ausprobiert haben.:verwirrt:

Gruß
FanThoMass

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430