Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

steady grip contacts

Reaction score
I just bought a steady grip (8cell) And it's missing it's contacts. I'm I missing something ? Are the contacts inside the grip ? or is it just missing the parts I need ? If so, Does anyone know where I can find such parts for this ?IMG_20181003_093045.jpgIMG_20181003_093055.jpgIMG_20181003_093106.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181003_093055.jpg
    IMG_20181003_093055.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
You can use the black camera cable that came with the Q500. It plugs into the camera and the 4 pin connector in your picture above.

I don't have the q500. I have the H and want to use the CG03+ for ground footage. Can I buy this cord ?
You can use the black camera cable that came with the Q500. It plugs into the camera and the 4 pin connector in your picture above.

There are two different versions of the SteadyGrip, the earlier one for the CGO2 & CGO3 cameras, with no built-in contacts for the gimbal, this one requires the gimbal cable.

There is also a newer version of the SteadyGrip (AKA Actioncam) for the CGO3+ that has integrated contacts. These are backward compatible because they also have the cable connector for the earlier cameras.

One needs to be careful and check for the integrated contacts before buying a SteadyGrip, because the CGO3+ does not have a connector to plug the gimbal cable into, you need to use a SteadyGrip that has the integrated contacts. I do not think there is a way to tell from the model number -which is not even displayed on the unit, so shopper beware. This is the voice of experience talking! (...Anyone need a Q500 gimbal cable I bought before I realized the CGO3+ can't use it?)

Also you might want to consider a hack to use a bigger 4S battery with it, these burn thru the 8 AA cells faster than you can say "Hey! I'm not finished shooting yet!!"

ScreenHunter_5775 Oct. 23 10.31.jpg

Last edited:
There are two different versions of the SteadyGrip, the earlier one for the CGO2 & CGO3 cameras, with no built-in contacts for the gimbal, this one requires the gimbal cable.

There is also a newer version of the SteadyGrip (AKA Actioncam) for the CGO3+ that has integrated contacts. These are backward compatible because they also have the cable connector for the earlier cameras.

One needs to be careful and check for the integrated contacts before buying a SteadyGrip, because the CGO3+ does not have a connector to plug the gimbal cable into, you need to use a SteadyGrip that has the integrated contacts. I do not think there is a way to tell from the model number -which is not even displayed on the unit, so shopper beware. This is the voice of experience talking! (...Anyone need a Q500 gimbal cable I bought before I realized the CGO3+ can't use it?)

Also you might want to consider a hack to use a bigger 4S battery with it, these burn thru the 8 AA cells faster than you can say "Hey! I'm not finished shooting yet!!"

View attachment 12100

Thank you very much for the info ! With that said, anyone need a steadygrip for the CGO2 ? pm me if you actually do want it. I think I'll just go buy the lipo version then. thanks again.

I think I'll just go buy the lipo version then. thanks again.

A heads up on the Lipo battery it comes with.
I can't speak to the battery life of it because mine did not come with the battery. The problem is I couldn't find a replacement anywhere. This is a bummer because I wanted to buy a couple to have a spare battery, so if you plan of having a spare you're out of luck.

With no batteries available I decided to hack a bigger 2200mAh battery I already had laying around to mine. It will max out a 16G SD Card with video and not break a sweat or fall below the 50% mark. Isn't pretty and certainly not my best work, but it's functional and just takes a little Velcro strip to hold it in place. Was going to put extended feet on it but it sits just fine on the battery.

ScreenHunter_5777 Oct. 23 15.25.jpg
ScreenHunter_5778 Oct. 23 15.25.jpg

Reactions: lupusSolo
. Isn't pretty and certainly not my best work, but it's functional and just takes a little Velcro strip to hold it in place. Was going to put extended feet on it but it sits just fine on the battery.
Looks good to me. What's the voltage on the battery ?

I've got some airsoft lipos I can use. 7.4v @1500mah. It says 30C, does that mean 3C ? or 30C ?
It's a 4S, 14.8V

I've got some airsoft lipos I can use. 7.4v @1500mah. It says 30C, does that mean 3C ? or 30C ?
Nope. The "S" refers to the number of cells. A Lipo cell is 3.7v so a 3S is 11.1v and a 4S is 14.8v.
The "C" rating is the max amount of amps that can be supplied by the battery. So a 1500 mah battery rated at 1C can deliver 1.5 amps. A 10C could deliver 15 amps. (Hope I have that correct)

Your 7.4v Lipo is a 2S or two 3.7v cells.

Reactions: Mr. I
A heads up on the Lipo battery it comes with.
I can't speak to the battery life of it because mine did not come with the battery. The problem is I couldn't find a replacement anywhere. This is a bummer because I wanted to buy a couple to have a spare battery, so if you plan of having a spare you're out of luck.

With no batteries available I decided to hack a bigger 2200mAh battery I already had laying around to mine. It will max out a 16G SD Card with video and not break a sweat or fall below the 50% mark. Isn't pretty and certainly not my best work, but it's functional and just takes a little Velcro strip to hold it in place. Was going to put extended feet on it but it sits just fine on the battery.

View attachment 12101
View attachment 12102
Hi DCH, just came across your post and have a question. I recently bought a CG0 steadygrip for Typhoon(with the 3pin contact base) to use with my CGO3+ camera and also bought an adapter to use my Typhoon LiPo battery, rated at 5400mAH 4S/14.8v.
The Steadygrip uses 8 AA batteries which provides 12V to the system. Do you know if using the higher voltage in the Steadygrip will create any problems with the steadygrip/camera? Thanks for your advice.

Do you know if using the higher voltage in the Steadygrip will create any problems with the steadygrip/camera?
The SteadyGrip has an internal voltage regulator and can accept a certain range of input voltages. I have not researched which regulator is being used, however my experience suggests it would handle 9vdc to 16vdc with ease, likely even more but no need to go there given the batteries in question don't exceed this educated guess.

And to clarify an earlier misnomer I made, the supplied SteadyGrip battery is a Li-Ion, not a LiPo. The electronics couldn't care less. All this means to you is you shouldn't leave the LiPo fully charged for long, the Li-On doesn't care. So if you can find a Li-On in the voltage range that fits you would be a bit better off. But I think most of us who have hacked a different battery onto these are using LiPos.

Reactions: lupusSolo
The SteadyGrip has an internal voltage regulator and can accept a certain range of input voltages. I have not researched which regulator is being used, however my experience suggests it would handle 9vdc to 16vdc with ease, likely even more but no need to go there given the batteries in question don't exceed this educated guess.

And to clarify an earlier misnomer I made, the supplied SteadyGrip battery is a Li-Ion, not a LiPo. The electronics couldn't care less. All this means to you is you shouldn't leave the LiPo fully charged for long, the Li-On doesn't care. So if you can find a Li-On in the voltage range that fits you would be a bit better off. But I think most of us who have hacked a different battery onto these are using LiPos.

Thank you DCH, much appreciated. Very useful information. Regards....

Ok, I did the mod on the SteadyGrip to accommodate the CGo3+. Pretty easy mod. Now everything works but the problem I have is the camera is not level. When I apply power it initializes fine everything is level. When I link it to WiFi on the app, it leans to one side. I’m using CGO app with an iPhone 8+. I tried to reset camera manually ( with a toothpick) doesn’t seem to work. The camera is brand new and works perfectly on the Typhoon H. Any help would de appreciated!
Thanks,
Ron

View attachment 12100
I have the cgo3 steadygrip (actually 2), how do you get it to work with the cgo2 camera?

Cletus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech