Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still a viable platform?

Reaction score
Is the H920 + still a viable platform? Or could I do better? With the CGO4 I see a complete and "New" listing for a H920 + on Ebay for $2500 US!

New H920 Plus

Are there other configurations of this that are better, say with the Sony Gimbal?

I have even seen the V18 Zoom Camera option as well for under $2500: (This appears to be the non plus with the ST24)

H920 V18 18x Zoom Camera option

Mostly I'm curious if I could do better.....

The 920+ is limited by having the same firmware as the original Typhoon H. You cannot use any other cameras other than a CGO-4, CGO-3, or CGO-ET without extensively modifying the drone and incorporating a separate viewing device. I like my 920+ but unless you are willing to live with its limitations you could quickly find it restrictive. You would also encounter severe parts shortages and need to adapt the system to use alternative batteries.

The original 920 has more flexibility but has the same parts and battery issues as the Plus. Finding different cameras for it is near impossible. Dealers can’t repair either model and Yuneec is no longer capable of repairing them as they outsourced their service facilities. Buying either the original or the 920 + leaves you pretty much on your own if something is not right.

For $2500.00 I would look more towards an Inspire to take advantage if all the features and optional hardware available for them.

Reactions: Docdor and thoneter
There was talk of a resurrection of the model, it even appeared at a trade show with updated components, then vanished.

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish

I would view that platform as just another unfulfilled promise. If it were to actually happen it would end up limited to the EU, and be severely over priced while still falling short of the competition. Yuneec has been consistent in their performance and why anyone thinks they would suddenly step up is beyond my comprehension. They haven’t even published an H-3 manual yet.

Reactions: Gunit and thoneter
I've purchased 2 920 originals and 3 st24's and a 3rd camera that is for the 920+. Wanted parts if I need them cuz they never fail or crash into trees. I bought each of the 920's for $1000. I think the 520 H is the best drone Yuneec has put out for quality and performance. Much like the Star Trek movies every other model seems to be good.

Thank you everyone. Yeah, I just splurged the other night and bought a used Typhoon H Plus for $1000. It was flown 6 or 10 times and is complete so I think that will do for me. I was mainly curious and the "I got to have every piece of obsolete tech" nerd in me kind of wanted the H920 as wall art! Hahaha!

There was talk of a resurrection of the model, it even appeared at a trade show with updated components, then vanished.

That model was a heavily modified H920 (+?). Since it was still under development back then it is not unlikely that it might take a while until it goes into production.

I really like the 920+, and at the current low price I can get one now for is less than €1,900 all in with the yuneec CGO4 camera. Yes I know I will need to replace the batteries for better ones. I think I can get a set of 3 new high power batteries for APP €500, a total outlay of €2.400. This is the same cast of the 520 or the new H3.
If I were to go with the 920 would it give me a longer flight time than the H3 or the 520?.
I've been looking into the idea of obtaining my commercial drone licence but the cause of training and test are very high here in Ireland. I would be looking at spending APP €1156 and that's for a two dac theory course and to sit the actual test?
Irish Aviation Authority IAA Drone Certification Package | flyryte
I think that we are been ripped off here and I think I will try and look into the availability of online courses.
If anyone has suggestions as to how I night be better off proceeding I would be very grateful for any hely you could give me.
Regards.
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal