Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still Have Trouble with Precision Landings

Reaction score
I have had my Breeze for about 18 months now, and I still have trouble landing it on a landing pad. I have determined that I have a depth perception problem with my eyes. If I stand very close to the landing pad, I can land the Breeze on the pad easily. As soon as I move back to about 12', I am lucky if I can land it on the pad 50% of the time.

Which brings me to my question. Is anyone aware of a third party device that can be attached to the Breeze to act as landing guide? I am trying to attach some LED finger lights to the Breeze, however, the LED light is not concentrated enough to be used in the daylight. Any suggestions?

The breeze shoots 90 degrees down doesn't it ? that's what I do on the Typhoon H - point that camera down, and use my screen to get it hovering with the H at the center of the screen.
Failing that, if you stand behind it when you are ready to land, position it where you think is right from that angle, then walk round it 90 degrees so you can see its position on the other axis that should let you get it pretty much dead on. Adjust from both positions, then land... or just hand catch it and save yourself the time and bother ! :)

I have had my Breeze for about 18 months now, and I still have trouble landing it on a landing pad. I have determined that I have a depth perception problem with my eyes. If I stand very close to the landing pad, I can land the Breeze on the pad easily. As soon as I move back to about 12', I am lucky if I can land it on the pad 50% of the time.

Which brings me to my question. Is anyone aware of a third party device that can be attached to the Breeze to act as landing guide? I am trying to attach some LED finger lights to the Breeze, however, the LED light is not concentrated enough to be used in the daylight. Any suggestions?
From what I have read and seen in various videos the Breeze will return to home based on the GPS with a 6-10 foot accuracy. Your not purchaseing Bird with DJI electronics in it you probably need extra sensors to be doing excact landings.
The Software for the Breeze is not Open Source so good luck trying to reverse engineer how it works

From what I have read and seen in various videos the Breeze will return to home based on the GPS with a 6-10 foot accuracy. Your not purchaseing Bird with DJI electronics in it you probably need extra sensors to be doing excact landings.
The Software for the Breeze is not Open Source so good luck trying to reverse engineer how it works
I do not want to change the app. I am looking for a hardware add-on - a focused LED light to be affixed to the bottom of the drone to aid in aligning my manual (not RTH) landing with the landing pad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval