Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stolen H - questions.

Reaction score
I had my H stolen last week and when the cops came, I didn't have the receipt, serial numbers etc... they were all in a ziplock bag in the box it was stolen in. My question is, I installed all the software on my laptop and want to make sure I can recover the serial numbers I the Typhoon H GUI program. Would you also know what default folder and text file name this info would be on. I do not want to open the program without the H linked in and it thinking there is no other drone.
Any help would be great. Thanks guys, ahead of time! The help you all provide is phenomenal and do the community a great service.

Peace

Derek

Any major purchases like the H, I just use the phone to take a pic of the receipt and the serial stickers for those times when I may need them.

Had you registered the purchase with Yuneec? If so they have the serial number. If not..

If you bought used and never recorded serial numbers you would be S.O.L. unless you had applied for a waiver with Yuneec, which would have all the info. Then again, had that been done you would prolly have a copy of your application on your laptop/PC.

If you bought used and never recorded serial numbers you would be S.O.L. unless you had applied for a waiver with Yuneec, which would have all the info. Then again, had that been done you would prolly have a copy of your application on your laptop/PC.
Waiver , what for? You have got me lost. I need to know what text file within the Yuneec system files that has the last recording of my serial numbers?I don't see the need for a waiver to do so. Also, application for what?

Waiver , what for? You have got me lost. I need to know what text file within the Yuneec system files that has the last recording of my serial numbers?I don't see the need for a waiver to do so. Also, application for what?
A waiver is what you apply for to get certain geographical restrictions lifted

Always nice when we try to help someone where they turn around and get pi$$y about it.

Telemetry does not list a serial number that I have found. The autopilot serial number is obtained only when connected to the GUI. The GUI does not store data, it only reports live data that is being obtained from the aircraft while it is linked with the GUI. The H serial number is located on the bottom of the aircraft. If you failed to write it down there is nowhere left for you to locate it aside from outside sources. If you were wise you registered your aircraft with Yuneec, which would have required you to provide them the aircraft serial number. If you were forward thinking you might have applied for a NFZ waiver, which requires you to provide Yuneec both the aircraft serial number and the serial number of the autopilot in order to be provided firmware that is keyed to your aircraft. That information is provided to them on a PDF document they send the applicant to fill out and return. People that request a waiver often save the completed copy of that form but failing that Yuneec would have it on file if they issued you a waiver.

I was trying to help you find someplace where the serial number might be obtained since YOU failed to record the serial number in any way that would be easily accessible to you later. I won't try to help you again.

Last edited:
Reactions: AH-1G
Derek,
I no expert on the subject, but I don't believe the serial number is stored anywhere, unless the original owner recorded it with Yuneec.
Try to take a different approach to track down your craft.

Derek,
I no expert on the subject, but I don't believe the serial number is stored anywhere, unless the original owner recorded it with Yuneec.
Try to take a different approach to track down your craft.
Thanks. This would be a very odd program to not store data anywhere. And to the other guy, I'm not pissy, you would be upset if 1000 is down the drain and your looking for a simple either yes, here's where to find it or no, yuneec's software doest record that info. I'll get my buddy that does forensics on computers to help me out.
Thanks everyone

The serial number can also be found on the white cardboard box on the side of the carry handle, but you said it was stolen in the box. It is also on the outer brown cardboard shipping box, if you still have it?

Reactions: Bigfoot46555

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop