Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Storing Breeze Batteries

Reaction score
With cold weather, I'll not be flying for a while. I read that our batteries should be drained to about 40% before putting them away for weeks or more. I've done that - anything else I should know? My Breeze is new, and I have three batteries that I'd sure like to properly charge next time I get to fly. Thanks, everyone for your input. This forum is terrific!

With cold weather, I'll not be flying for a while. I read that our batteries should be drained to about 40% before putting them away for weeks or more. I've done that - anything else I should know? My Breeze is new, and I have three batteries that I'd sure like to properly charge next time I get to fly. Thanks, everyone for your input. This forum is terrific!
Cool and dry are the keywords. Cool meaning somewhat below room temp. 15°C is optimal, I seem to remember...
There is a very slight risk that lipo batteries ignite spontaneously, even if not fully charged. Quite a show if it happens (search for YouTube vids on LiPo fires), but people say you should always keep your batteries away from combustible materials, and best use insulated metal boxes for storing and especially charging. Not sure how many people follow that latter part of the advice, though... the risk is very low, but serious, so make your own call.

Cool and dry are the keywords. Cool meaning somewhat below room temp. 15°C is optimal, I seem to remember...
There is a very slight risk that lipo batteries ignite spontaneously, even if not fully charged. Quite a show if it happens (search for YouTube vids on LiPo fires), but people say you should always keep your batteries away from combustible materials, and best use insulated metal boxes for storing and especially charging. Not sure how many people follow that latter part of the advice, though... the risk is very low, but serious, so make your own call.
THANK YOU for that helpful reply. #1 goal is to not burn my house down. #2 goal, to have 3 batteries that have reasonable life when I bring them out of hibernation. I think I'll find a safe box to store them in, and put that in my garage where the temps are typically above freezing through my North Carolina winters.

Your advice is appreciated.

THANK YOU for that helpful reply. #1 goal is to not burn my house down. #2 goal, to have 3 batteries that have reasonable life when I bring them out of hibernation. I think I'll find a safe box to store them in, and put that in my garage where the temps are typically above freezing through my North Carolina winters.

Your advice is appreciated.

What part of NC? You guys got hammered with snow. I have relatives in High Point and Cary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval