Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stress crack...

To me that looks more like impact damage, those motor pods are strong!

This is a damaged motor pod which impacted directly at a concrete wall, I didn't notice the internal damage until I replaced the whole arm, (it is still fully functional, though)

damaged_pod.jpg

Note the black epoxy holding the pod to the arm. If you don't want to purchase a whole arm assembly epoxy is a very good solution. :D

Greetings!

its odd that for 59.99 you can get the arm with motor all wired and 49.99 with out motor and wire leads

You get a $10 discount on your motor for puchasing it with the whole assembly instead of just the motor by itself.

I forgot to mention, even if you repair it, you should try to contact Yuneec. You might get an arm assembly replacement under warranty!

Greetings!

I wonder who earn 1000% on piece of carbon tube made-in-China worth 5 bucks

I wonder who earn 1000% on piece of carbon tube made-in-China worth 5 bucks

The carbon tubes themselves are pretty cheap; for example the landing gear struts are around $10 us dollars, and I believe the cost is mostly for the "T" piece that holds the tubes in place.

The arm assembly on the other hand is more than just the carbon tube; the hinge and the motor pod are quite complex pieces, with low tolerances and subject to a lot of stress.

I have always liked popsicle sticks as a backer to epoxy glue repairs for many things. I think the visual of a repair done like that on drone would be priceless. Be sure to use a Dremel and dress the edges of the popsicle stick. This is a precision aircraft and all repairs must follow the precision theme in execution.

;)

I have always liked popsicle sticks as a backer to epoxy glue repairs for many things. I think the visual of a repair done like that on drone would be priceless. Be sure to use a Dremel and dress the edges of the popsicle stick. This is a precision aircraft and all repairs must follow the precision theme in execution.

;)
Good one, aber57!

Personally, for a repair I would remove the mount, glue the cracked portion back together, replace the mount on the boom, wrap it with carbon tow, and secure the mount to the boom with a pass through screw.

If I wanted to to it right I’d buy a new boom assembly.

; the hinge and the motor pod are quite complex pieces, with low tolerances and subject to a lot of stress.

Hi guys,

Typhoon H supposed to be manufactured in some 100.000 units. To be more sceptic, say: 50.000 units were to be done, as many as unpaid batteries to subcontractor. How many are really sold is doubtfull, but simple calculation for parts' cost can always be made.
Motor pod and hinge are made on injection process of ABS, one of the cheapest plastics available. Low tolerance and complexity make injection mold a bit more expensive than wooden or plastic vacuum, but nobody make professional metal multicavity moulds in garage.
Tolerance of 0,05mm is standard, 10times more than required. Say: 6 cavity water-cooled professional mould cost USD10000, for 50.000 drone arm units means USD0,033/piece in mass production plus cost of material, say: USD0,15 for 4g piece.

Taking into account all general costs one dollar would be more than enough to pay hinge at factory. Tube is worth some another USD1 with CNC maching 2 holes, motor pod cost similar to hinge, another dollar.
Somebody must rivet parts into ready arm, pack into plastic bag and dispatch to factory warehouse. USD5 is factory price at max. 1000% overhead, stock, dealer margin is a fact. With low tolerance ... Landing gear with plastic tee might cost some USD3 at factory,
I can provide stronger all-carbon replacement with 2 foam dampers as low as US9,9 +pp.

Hi guys,

Typhoon H supposed to be manufactured in some 100.000 units. To be more sceptic, say: 50.000 units were to be done, as many as unpaid batteries to subcontractor. How many are really sold is doubtfull, but simple calculation for parts' cost can always be made.
Motor pod and hinge are made on injection process of ABS, one of the cheapest plastics available. Low tolerance and complexity make injection mold a bit more expensive than wooden or plastic vacuum, but nobody make professional metal multicavity moulds in garage.
Tolerance of 0,05mm is standard, 10times more than required. Say: 6 cavity water-cooled professional mould cost USD10000, for 50.000 drone arm units means USD0,033/piece in mass production plus cost of material, say: USD0,15 for 4g piece.

Taking into account all general costs one dollar would be more than enough to pay hinge at factory. Tube is worth some another USD1 with CNC maching 2 holes, motor pod cost similar to hinge, another dollar.
Somebody must rivet parts into ready arm, pack into plastic bag and dispatch to factory warehouse. USD5 is factory price at max. 1000% overhead, stock, dealer margin is a fact. With low tolerance ... Landing gear with plastic tee might cost some USD3 at factory,
I can provide stronger all-carbon replacement with 2 foam dampers as low as US9,9 +pp.

Cool.

So....?

I read something maybe interesting in the last sentence.
The rest is about our hyper-cool Capitalist System. Nothing wrong there, by the way. One expects a dealer/constructor to maintain a lot of spares (dead money) and even to have someone answer the phone and e-mail.

:confused:

Last edited:
Hi,

cool capitalism is even cooller idea when cheap replacements are available. Look around: carbon tube is carbon tube, both made-in-China

Yeh.
I do know of the look-around-system, being on the internet since it was made available to the public.

But.... tant pis, I just stay clear of damage. Suppose that is the cheapest.

:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone