Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Success

I'm super geeked i finally managed to fix the gimbal on the q500 now it actually moves up and down like it suppose to
Nothing wrong with being geeked. Being able to fix anything technical when you are not an expert in whatever field it is is always a good reason to be proud.

Back in early 2015 I crashed a P2V into a short bush on the top of a hill. I had been conducting a photographic survey and the flight was a way-point mission. Unfortunately I had miss judged a height towards the end of the mission so it crashed into the only bush in sight. Totally my fault. I thought the aircraft was beyond reasonable repair since the motors had got so hot that they melted the shell arms, and damaged the electronics...so I bought a new P2V+. A few weeks later that one crashed too...flew away into a tree and not my fault. It was then that I decided to try my hand on repairing the first one while the P2V+ was off for warranty repair.

There followed a steep learning curve in electronics, soldering and other stuff. In the space of a week I went from knowing nothing about how these things work to the point that I had completely rebuilt and refurbished a drone to the point that it flew even better than it did before the crash. I was so proud that I dripped with proudness. I had succeeded in repairing a badly crashed drone...I could do it!

Here is a picture of that crashed drone taken during the repair process.
P4060004.JPG

Can you expain how you fixed the gimbal/camera?
Sure, after a crash the three wires ripped from the gimbal to hot shoe, directly beside where you plug in the piggy back cable there was a burnt chip, after some research i found this chip was basically a fuse so I de-soldered it and simply bridged the space by soldering a copper wire in its place, i then removed the existing ripped wires by de-soldering from board then plugged in piggy back to gimbal then slid it onto hotshoe then plugged othe end of piggy back cable into drone itself and boom.

Sure, after a crash the three wires ripped from the gimbal to hot shoe, directly beside where you plug in the piggy back cable there was a burnt chip, after some research i found this chip was basically a fuse so I de-soldered it and simply bridged the space by soldering a copper wire in its place, i then removed the existing ripped wires by de-soldering from board then plugged in piggy back to gimbal then slid it onto hotshoe then plugged othe end of piggy back cable into drone itself and boom.

I got it, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech