Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sudden lurch about a foot,... ideas?

Reaction score
So just after launching the H and it was just a couple feet in the air. Suddenly it just lurched about a foot from where it was. Was in Angle mode. Was not touching the sticks at the time. The rest of the flight was uneventful. The lurch was a little disconcerting having flashbacks of Youtube videos of fly-aways. But as I mentioned no real issues after that for the rest of the batteries.

Anyone seen this issue before?

So just after launching the H and it was just a couple feet in the air. Suddenly it just lurched about a foot from where it was. Was in Angle mode. Was not touching the sticks at the time. The rest of the flight was uneventful. The lurch was a little disconcerting having flashbacks of Youtube videos of fly-aways. But as I mentioned no real issues after that for the rest of the batteries.

Anyone seen this issue before?
I HAVE SEEN QUITE A FEW QUIRKS, BUT NOT EXACTLY THAT ONE. BUT ONE SIMILAR. I AM TO THE POINT I JUST DON'T COMPLETELY TRUST THE H ANYMORE.
IT IS GREAT WHEN A DAY GOES FINE BUT ONE DAY
I THINK IT WILL HAPPEN TO ALL OF US.
MURPHY'S LAW OR WHATEVER.
KEITH KUHN

Suddenly it just lurched about a foot from where it was.
That sounds like it could be a glitch with the right stick. You might notice when you move the right stick, the H does sort of lurch to start moving. If the stick is erratic, it can do the same without touching it. Check your sticks as shown here:

That sounds like it could be a glitch with the right stick. You might notice when you move the right stick, the H does sort of lurch to start moving. If the stick is erratic, it can do the same without touching it. Check your sticks as shown here:

VERY GOOD ON THE VIDEO. THE
SECOND WAY IS A GREAT WAY TO CHECK.
I LEARNED ON ONE OF MY DRONES THIS LINE WAS NOT RETURNING TO THE CENTER. A COMPLETE RESET OF THE CONTROLLER CAN FIX THE PROBLEM TOO. HAVE A LOOK AT THIS RESET BY RICHARD GILMORE

I have witnessed a “lurch” or more like “twitch” or something similar a time or two. Nothing too drastic, just unexpected.

I chalk it up to a couple things unique to my “home” environment:

1) tall trees surrounding me. I get good satellite acquisition before I fly, but I do have a “chute” to navigate before I expect my craft to have full “unimpeded” satellite signal.

2) underground power - one of my launch points is the gravel/dirt driveway. Power runs along one side. I have already verified it sometimes can affect landings (hesitance for motors to idle) - try again a few more feet away from the lines without issue is verification. However, it does not happen every session. It’s as though the interference, or level of, is intermittent or variable, day to day.

My point is: be aware of surroundings. Validate (repeatability). Observe and learn. The more we learn, the lower the anxiety.

Jeff

Last edited:
There was one instance last year when I was doing some filming on a farm in the Scottish boarders when my H lurched up and down several times shortly after take-off. No sources of interference that I knew of nearby. Very disconcerting it was. I landed and did all the calibrations and I didn't have any trouble after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech