Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sun Shield Update

Reaction score
With the help of @TyPilot coming up with a very practical design, here are some photos of the Sun Shield.
Very durable, I folded this 300 times in 15 minutes while watching Rays Baseball.

The Sun Shield is adjustable, from horizontal to vertical, and can be attached or removed easily.

Picture 1. As you can see I have @Ty Pilots "Trey", it fits nicely between Yuneecs Shield and the Trey.
You can also see I have put the strap hooks in the middle so the "Trey" sits horizontal. For me I prefer it horizontal.
It will attach directly with the Yuneec shield (picture #6)

With out and with Sun Shield. (5 & 6), shows how much clearer you can see the monitor.

Attachments

• Sun Shield 1a.jpg
    Sun Shield 1a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • Sun Shield 1b.jpg
    Sun Shield 1b.jpg
    832.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Sun Shield 2.jpg
    Sun Shield 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • Sun Shield 3.jpg
    Sun Shield 3.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Sun Shield 4.jpg
    Sun Shield 4.jpg
    954 KB · Views: 94
  • Sun Shield 5.jpg
    Sun Shield 5.jpg
    893 KB · Views: 91
  • Sun Shield 6.jpg
    Sun Shield 6.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I concur... while effective, the attachment strategy with the Hoodman is a complete PIA.

Reactions: Phaedrus
How much and when can I buy one? (Maybe get with Ty and do a Carbon Fibre one?)

Reactions: KellyR
Any feed back is welcome, pro or con about the Sun Shield.:)

On another note, when I was doing this video my drone was drifting a bit much, what in the picture can you see possibility causing the drift?
Hint, it's in my hands. After I saw the video, I thouhgt to myself, "I should have had a V8"!:oops:
Sun Shield 7.jpg

I have the hardest time keeping the Yuneec shield in place :( Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed in these pictures you actually used nuts and bolt to secure it thru the eyelets

I lost and broke 2 of the pins.
My shield was loose also with those short and small pins.
Are you putting the pins in the hole below the large eyelet?
The nuts and bolts keep it very secure.

Last edited:
Yep same issue.
One thing you can do, go to a hardware store, look for screws the size of those pins but a bit longer.
I looked at the Hoodman, it's tacky.

Reactions: NemesisChiken
With the help of @TyPilot coming up with a very practical design, here are some photos of the Sun Shield.
Very durable, I folded this 300 times in 15 minutes while watching Rays Baseball.

The Sun Shield is adjustable, from horizontal to vertical, and can be attached or removed easily.

Picture 1. As you can see I have @Ty Pilots "Trey", it fits nicely between Yuneecs Shield and the Trey.
You can also see I have put the strap hooks in the middle so the "Trey" sits horizontal. For me I prefer it horizontal.
It will attach directly with the Yuneec shield (picture #6)

With out and with Sun Shield. (5 & 6), shows how much clearer you can see the monitor.

1G for president [emoji1431]

I lost and broke 2 of the pins.
My shield was loose also with those short and small pins.
That's because you guys are using the all new completely dis-improved version of the Sun shield with the cheap plastic pins!
Behold! The original first-generation Yuneec Typhoon Sun shield with robust and snug fitting metal spring loaded pins! Eat your hearts out!

Pin1.jpgPins2.jpgPins3.jpg

I know right? Why would Yuneec devolve its products? Never mind, that was a rhetorical question. A keen eye might find one of these still floating around on eBay.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: KellyR
That's because you guys are using the all new completely disimproved version of the Sun shield with the cheap plastic pins!
Behold! The original first-generation Yuneec Typhoon Sun shield with robust and snug fitting metal spring loaded pins! Eat your hearts out!

View attachment 16908View attachment 16909View attachment 16910

I know right? Why would Yuneec devolve its products? Never mind, that was a rhetorical question. A keen eye might find one of these still floating around on eBay.

Say WUUT???!! Mah dude! my plastic broke off, now I might just have to take notes on your mod/fix.

I have the original shield with the metal pins. I now have two, one slipped off the other was slightly deformed.

Say WUUT???!! Mah dude! my plastic broke off, now I might just have to take notes on your mod/fix.
Not a Mod/Fix Bro, that's from the factory. I believe these only came with the early H480s, before Yuneec realized they could save a buck penny by switching to plastic pins.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots