Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sunset painting from my H

Reaction score
I've decided to take many of my 100's of video and pictures, sort them out and do some digital paintings.
I know some of you have some beautiful photo's that I would like to turn into digital paintings, pm me if you're interested, and no I will not sell them for my benefit.
This is one of my newest hobbies, it takes anywhere from 2 to 4+ hours to digitally paint.
PS: I'm pondering make a 2021 calendar using only Yuneec drone photography, so who would be interested in providing photo's?
I will determine yea or nay for each submission.🤔
sunset-over-lake-apopka-sg-web - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
@FlushVision
Here's what I came up with.
1st, I like using rule of 3rd's, and in this case it was needed. The focus is the church and some of the landscape.
2nd, I got rid of the yellow box truck and three red vehicles, they would have taken away what the main focus is, the church!
3rd, remove a pole and some shadow, a blue something, sun reflection from a vehicle and big white spots on the side walk.

In other words your eye's would have drifted to these objects, so IMO (in my opinion) looking at the painting it's more balanced.
Did I miss anything that could be distracting?🤔
Time: 2¼ hours

I can send you this at 15.5 MB 300 DPI, at this size I can zoom in 2900% and hardly see any pixilation.
Church-in-th-UK-by-FlushVission-web---Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
@davemh Only thing I need to do was straighten out the horizon.
I didn't need to use the rule of thirds here, it was balanced very nicely for me.
I can send you the full high resolution image, 12.7MB 4741x2691/ no pixilation noted at 2900% zoom
davemh HO-From-Afar-8-26-19pS-Painted - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

davemh

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@davemh Only thing I need to do was straighten out the horizon.
I didn't need to use the rule of thirds here, it was balanced very nicely for me.
I can send you the full high resolution image, 12.7MB 4741x2691/ no pixilation noted.
View attachment 19141 at 2900 zoom
Thank you much, would like the full image. We need to meet one day.

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@FlushVision
Here's what I came up with.
1st, I like using rule of 3rd's, and in this case it was needed. The focus is the church and some of the landscape.
2nd, I got rid of the yellow box truck and three red vehicles, they would have taken away what the main focus is, the church!
3rd, remove a pole and some shadow, a blue something, sun reflection from a vehicle and big white spots on the side walk.

In other words your eye's would have drifted to these objects, so IMO (in my opinion) looking at the painting it's more balanced.
Did I miss anything that could be distracting?🤔
Time: 2¼ hours

I can send you this at 15.5 MB 300 DPI, at this size I can zoom in 2900% and hardly see any pixilation.
View attachment 19135
That's brilliant @AH-1G
My daughter in law is an assistant something or other at that church. She helps the vicar (pastor or whatever you yanks call them) to do the holy communion so she's well in to church things. Myself, on the other hand, am not so involved. So on behalf of my daughter in law yes I'd like it at 15.5 MB 300 DPI. Do you want me to IM my email address? or will you be dropboxing it?

Reaction score
That's brilliant @AH-1G
My daughter in law is an assistant something or other at that church. She helps the vicar (pastor or whatever you yanks call them) to do the holy communion so she's well in to church things. Myself, on the other hand, am not so involved. So on behalf of my daughter in law yes I'd like it at 15.5 MB 300 DPI. Do you want me to IM my email address? or will you be dropboxing it?
PM me.

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
Hey! What ever happened to protecting the Whistle blower's ID?

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The only thing missing is the little placard with the numbers in those mug shots.

Actually the view looking out from the porch is probably quite beautiful. How about posting that shot @DCH.

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
Actually the view looking out from the porch is probably quite beautiful. How about posting that shot @DCH.
Oh would I love to, it is stunning. However for the years I have lived here I have tried and failed to capture it because the exposure is impossible. The view is south facing, with a fence of tall trees along the far side of the grassy meadow, casting long shadows across across it. The forest fence has several big window like openings to see the mountains in the background, all back-light with bright sky at my northern 48°latitude. It would take three separate exposures to capture it, this is beyond my hobby level photography skills. So far.

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
@DCH
Thought you might remember when you posted this pick. Two versions
Gee @AH-1G, have you been dumpster-diving? You had to really dig for that one! I do remember and I was really hoping everyone else would forget it.
That was my "Family Gathering" challenge for the picture game from about a year ago, ...when I was a newbie, and before I realized selfies of any kind weren't cool. Now it is just a humiliating embarrassment that I wish it would just go away! :oops:

I would have been happy to provide you with a far better photo for your project if I had known you were looking for one of mine....

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rexster