Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Super Bowl Thoughts

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
Okay so its a little over 24 hours away. I admit it - I am a football junkie, I love the game and even though it has been dragged through the mud recently (I'll leave that part out) - I love football in January and February. So here it is again, the Pat's are back in the big game and seem to be hitting on all twelve cylinders. The Rams have got nothing to lose as just getting here is a big leap, since the last time they were here was the 2000 season.

What are your thoughts? Predictions? Discuss.;)

Let’s go RAMS! But my money says otherwise.. 20-6 Pats. Let’s do this!

Nice to see another junkie. (I bleed Silver and Black. BTW)

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I dunno, I've enjoyed watching the Patriots on their dynasty run but ya gotta wonder when is it gonna end? I saw someone who bet 1 million on the Eagles last year just put another huge bet on the Rams for this years game. Should be a good game, I just hope there is no more shenanigans like that missed call in the NFC game, that was awful and I think the saints were robbed I would have preferred to see the Saint's but it is what it is.

Super Bowl Sunday is one of my favorite days. It is perfect for getting into a normally packed restaurant and especially great for long lonely drives on normally busy roads ;)

I'll be taking advantage of it for my drive back up to the Redwood Curtain (Eureka, CA) from Orange County.

Oh, and I predict one of the teams will win and declare they are going to Disneyland!!

Robey Coleman got knocked around and somehow, officials did not call pass on a helmet to helmet interference, was costly. This game should be epic to watch and I bet the Rams will be dominated, but the rings are up for grabs, and the underdogs are known to fight back and upset the winning team. It would be great to see another Cinderella story similar to last year’s game, when the Eagles soared.

I think it will come down to whether or not they can put pressure on Brady, if they don't, he will run up and down the field eating the clock, but Flowers and Suh are two beasts I would not want to see on the other side of the ball. Should be a great match up.

Super Bowl Sunday is one of my favorite days.

“Church” service is coming to an end, football is my kryptonite, and only during Church Sunday that my wife cannot ask me to clean the dishes, fold the clothes, walk the dog, and cook anything except BBQ.

Yes, and Superbowl Sunday has a rarefied air to it. :cool: Not only do we have no chores, but the wife makes sure all the preparations are done ;), that all 'supplies' and 'necessities' that go into it, are in full stock.

The commercials are fun to watch. Half time sucks to many hiccups!

I always turn off every TV in the house for half time.

;)Sort of my one little vote that says "Stop Putting Such CRAP in the middle of the event that we are watching". Those acts typically couldn't draw flies if they were smothered in molasses and rolled in sugar and thrown into a cesspool which; by the way, I would tune in to watch. But I digress, a complete hy-jacking of an audience that none of them deserve.

Reactions: AH-1G
Thay weren’t called the “embraceable ewes for nothing[emoji6]. I grew up with the Rams as the home team, in the days of Roman Gabriel, Rosie Greer and the Fearsome Foursome yet they have so many times failed in the clutch. They got into the big game this time on a fluke. Although still rooting for the Rams my guess has the game going to the Patriots.

Some of the best days I’ve ever encountered in surfing fell on Super Bowl Sunday, when never a crowded line up was to be seen[emoji4]

I dunno, I've enjoyed watching the Patriots on their dynasty run but ya gotta wonder when is it gonna end? I saw someone who bet 1 million on the Eagles last year just put another huge bet on the Rams for this years game. Should be a good game, I just hope there is no more shenanigans like that missed call in the NFC game, that was awful and I think the saints were robbed I would have preferred to see the Saint's but it is what it is.

I call it come-up-Ins. 2009 was the Saints year only because, well... you saw the NFC championship game that year. The ‘aints and their fans got nuttin’ to complain about as they got their way back then.

As for @PatR and his reference to the fearsome, Roman, et al... my formative years were filled with the Purple People Eaters spoiling the “always sunny and warm” dreams of the Rams. The personal heartache was delayed by a game or two, is all.

While I wouldn’t mind seeing the Rams win for the sake of the NFC, I also can appreciate the accomplishments of the greatest org, staff, qb, and team we will likely ever see in some of our lifetimes. We heard of, and witnessed what we thought were the greatest, and were at the time. (Unitas, Starr, Montana, even that goof who played for Pittsburgh.)

It was said we would not see again, in our lifetimes, any one or any team surpass the above. I know I’ve left out others. But here we are.

Love ‘em or hate ‘em. That’s fandom. They, the Patriots, still deserve the respect for what they have accomplished, and are still accomplishing.

Still bleeding purple,

Jeff

Bring back Montana/Rice and that guy down south ummmmm Romano, Mirono, oh I know Marino
Not being a "local" I had no particular loyalty. Apart from the fact I used to travel to SFO on a regular basis back in the Candlestick Park days.
For a while I wuz following the Skins, can't remember why, maybe I liked the uniform!!!
Them wuz the good ol days
Go Pats
PS..How is it that LA gets 2 teams but there is no decent stadium until at least next year and they both have to use the same field?????

Last edited:
Yeah........UNTIL........
Let's modify that statement........WAS boring.
Not as boring as the half time so called entertainment
Why do the people who are hired and paid a lot of money to sing your anthem always have to change it and "screw it up"
What's wrong with the way it is supposed to sound....always brings a tear to my eyes

WHO... LET. THE. DOGS.... OUT?!!

Money! Brady is Superman..

Not really, he just knows how to make quick and effective use of the short distance pass. Any QB that is successful in consistently obtaining first downs will see the team consistently score. Do that enough and the odds of winning increase dramatically.

His patterns are evident in every game yet the opposing coaches have repeatedly failed to have their teams disrupt the screen pass successes.

In this game the Rams QB was either blind or slow thinking and missed several opportunities that would have put the score in their favor. We might see a new Rams head coach next year. The one they have should have replaced the QB for the second half for being ineffective.

Geoff missed a wide open TD opportunity to Cook, but this SB is his first rodeo, and there and no first stringers in the lineup right now for a good trade, and I don’t think the Rams can afford to let any of their first lineup go. But today is bloody Monday, we will soon find out tomorrow.

Brady is actually a dwarf (sink) long distance passer, with the ability to counter a two step gun pass and is very successful using his laterals.

His stats dominates Belichick and Joe Montana. Brady is the GOAT and it’s going to be awhile for another to come long.

Here's my two cents. Geoff, basically fell apart and had his worst game of this season. Where was Gurley? Anderson? They have been unstopable til this game, what was different? It was Superbowl and that has to add tremendous pressure to younger less experienced players - the Rams had four (4) players with previous Superbowl experience, the Patriots had (34) which included nearly every starter.

But moreover, Bill Belichick and the rest of the coaching staff simply know how to take away ANY teams strengths. This is what they do, and that is why they've been to the Superbowl so much and have won it so much. Brady is the GOAT but I suspect even without him, the Patriots could put together a winning season and likely get into the Playoffs at the very least. As long as they have Belichik and he has the trust of Robert Kraft expect their dynasty to continue.

It is interesting to note: Of all of the Superbowls the Patriots have won - This was the lowest Scoring game while at the same time had the highest margin of victory for the Pat's - 10 points.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline