Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Swollen Batteries

Reaction score
Question, when I purchased my Tornado H920 I noticed that the batteries seemed sort of swollen, and I ordered two new batteries a and they are the same way. Is this normal?

Can you post a picture of the batteries?
Sometimes, due to the way they are sealed up they may appear slightly swollen, But generally should be very flat, and hard to the touch.

0df9590ec028faf2e7793bfbad41cc96.jpg

e1cab5373f7596e50e961c5e129f5806.jpg

00c49c1ef30c074d4e8c5211cbdbf6bc.jpg

3887ce9d608a8a041819e31408ef828e.jpg

Here you go

Saw this on the 920 Owners Group on Facebook yesterday. They don't look to be a problem based upon the photos. If you have a set of calipers could you measure the width and thickness, in millimeters, without compressing the wrapper and post the dimension here? I could compare them against mine to establish differences. Thanks.

Reactions: mvaughn12
I have many aircraft and in the RC plane world those batteries have defective cells. They should be replaced. Tips to Avoid a Swollen Battery

Proper charging – Make sure you charge your battery properly using a quality battery charger. For safety, make sure you put your batteries in a lipo bag while charging. If you don’t have a lipo bag, I highly recommend you buy one. For around $10, you can insure that if something does go wrong at will at least be contained.
Don’t over-discharge – Make sure you stop using your battery before the voltage gets to the minimum cut-off voltage.
Heat kills batteries – Don’t use batteries or charge batteries when they are warm. After you’re done using them, give them a little time to cool off before you charge them. And after you are done charging them, give them a little time before you use them.
Proper storage – Do not store your batteries in a hot location. (For example, don’t keep them in the trunk of your car during in the summer.) Store lipo’s at the proper storage voltage. The article I linked to above showed that swelling increased significantly after only 4 hours of storage when batteries were at a state of charge above 80%.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval