Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Take of and land at leaning places?

Reaction score
Hi, anyone who has tried both take of and landing on leaning areas, like roofs? Let's say 30-40 degrees?
I need to fly the H to a leaning roof for kind of stationary, temporay photography and then take of back home again. Possible or stupid idea?

Best from Sweden

Hi, anyone who has tried both take of and landing on leaning areas, like roofs? Let's say 30-40 degrees?
I need to fly the H to a leaning roof for kind of stationary, temporay photography and then take of back home again. Possible or stupid idea?

Full size heli can only do this with lots of advanced training.

I wouldn't try this on an RC craft without lots of practice. Its really likely to flip over on landing and pose a safety issue.

Could you take the photos while hovering - the gimbal will keep eveything steady?

Reactions: banned user
Full size heli can only do this with lots of advanced training.

I wouldn't try this on an RC craft without lots of practice. Its really likely to flip over on landing and pose a safety issue.

Could you take the photos while hovering - the gimbal will keep eveything steady?
hi Cyberhiker,

The "event" I will cover from the roof will happen a short moment within approx 25-30minutes and the battery will not last long enough to hoover.. I will skip this idea to land...:eek:

learn to do a hand take-off and catch landing, just don't forget to throttle up after you start the props or it will fall. There are a couple of youtube videos floating around on how to do this safely. Might want to wear gloves and be careful...

learn to do a hand take-off and catch landing, just don't forget to throttle up after you start the props or it will fall. There are a couple of youtube videos floating around on how to do this safely. Might want to wear gloves and be careful...
Thanx, but the roof is about 40ft up....so "hand take-off and catch landing" is not an option...

Best from Sweden
I would be possible if you add some kind of spacer to one of the landing gear legs so that is will be level when sitting on the roof. Prop the other side up with something for takeoff. Hand catch when returning. Still sounds rather risky though.

I would be possible if you add some kind of spacer to one of the landing gear legs so that is will be level when sitting on the roof. Prop the other side up with something for takeoff. Hand catch when returning. Still sounds rather risky though.
I prefer the idea of a grapple hook

I have done touch and goes on my metal roof.
You can not land on the peak by straddling it the camera will hit.
I have put the front of the skids on the roof but never attempted a landing, I think the angle would really mess up the flight controler. I think it is very doable, but I also think the H is going to think it is not level and try to correct for this.
I am crazy, just not crazy enough to risk my investment.
Now if you mounted a flat board at the top to use for a landing pad, then no problem.

30 to 40 degree take off and landing area would have the equal amount of sucess (30 to 40%) in my opinion with the Typhoon. Some drones could do this but I think the Typhoon sits much too far off the ground for this to occur without modification of the landing gear (or an attachment under the landing legs to increase stability).

Forgot to add, if you are not up at the peak of the roof, you will hit the props before the landing gear hit the roof.

over 50% of take of, and almost all landing i'll do it by hand catching. it´s really simple. ans when you are in dusty environments it´s the only option

or you coul have a tripod and light platform on top, In that way you could adjust to what ever the terrain inclination.
something like this. The Typhoon is light enough to be supported by a cheap tripod.
2583-b06ed25fa28016fe19afaa4b12bfe9ba.jpg

Reactions: cyberhiker

Best from Sweden
Not a wise idea in my mind!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval