Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Taking a drone as carry on.

Reaction score
In a couple of months I am going to be flying to Wyoming from Florida to go to a wedding. My question is does anybody have any experience taking their drone on an airline. I have read the TSA requirements and I know each airline has their own requirements. if anybody has any experience to help. It would be gratefully appreciated.
I have a typhoon h pro. With a total of 3 batteries.
thank you.

In a couple of months I am going to be flying to Wyoming from Florida to go to a wedding. My question is does anybody have any experience taking their drone on an airline. I have read the TSA requirements and I know each airline has their own requirements. if anybody has any experience to help. It would be gratefully appreciated.
I have a typhoon h pro. With a total of 3 batteries.
thank you.
hello when i went Hawaii 2 years ago i took my typhoon h it had to go in baggage because of its size and my they let me bring two batteries in lipo safe bags at 50% power i had no problems. hope this helps Bill

The TH Pro is too large for carry on and will have to go in baggage. The batteries need to be in a LiPo safe bag at storage voltage and brought in carry on (no Lipo batteries in the baggage compartment that includes the Wizard Wand if you have it). This is a link to the FAA rules Pack Safe – Batteries, lithium. You may be limited to just two batteries, check with your airline of choice first.

Reactions: Aaron k
I live and fly in Hawaii and have traveled with my drone to Palm Springs and Chicago. The main thing for me was to carry my drone and all the batteries in my carry on, this based on the way checked baggage is treated. In reality, only the batteries need to be on carry on, if you have a great drone case and you have confidence it can be thrown and still protect your drone. No one checked my batteries, their voltage or questioned why I needed so many. Once the TSA looked at my drone out to admire it only. When you travel, you need to know the local rules, so check it out before you take your drone along.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79