Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Talking about Home mode behavior + small incident

Reaction score
Hello guys!

It's been a long time since I've posted on the forum, but a lot has been going on the past 3 months. Actually, (for these personal reasons and not because of the incident) I haven't been able to fly my Typhoon H ever since :(:(

I know the Typhoon H has been around for about a year now and there's basically not a topic that hasn't been discused about it in the forum, but I also noticed there are a lot of new users every day, and, since the Typhoon H is known for its lack of official documentation, I thought more information around the web is always useful.

Anyway, I decided to create a video to share with you my experience, and since I learned a little bit more about Home mode I decided to include these "findings" on the video as well.

The first part is about the Home mode in general, somethings that you may already know + a few things you might be unfamiliar with. The second part is about my not so uneventful flight.

I hope you find this information useful!

Greetings!

Thank you very much for the information. For taking the time to make it easy for anyone to understand...Much Appreciated!!!

Reactions: JulesTEO
Jules - Thank you so much for taking the time to compile this and I hope that this information is viewed by as many users as possible as I think it will help a lot. Interesting point about the Home mode within the 'landing circle'. I wonder how many of the 'fly aways' that we have heard about can be directly attributed to this?

Hope things improve on the personal side of things and that you can be back up in the air and flying your H again soon.

It's great to have members contributing worthwhile info such as this.

Hello guys!

It's been a long time since I've posted on the forum, but a lot has been going on the past 3 months. Actually, (for these personal reasons and not because of the incident) I haven't been able to fly my Typhoon H ever since :(:(

I know the Typhoon H has been around for about a year now and there's basically not a topic that hasn't been discused about it in the forum, but I also noticed there are a lot of new users every day, and, since the Typhoon H is known for its lack of official documentation, I thought more information around the web is always useful.

Anyway, I decided to create a video to share with you my experience, and since I learned a little bit more about Home mode I decided to include these "findings" on the video as well.

The first part is about the Home mode in general, somethings that you may already know + a few things you might be unfamiliar with. The second part is about my not so uneventful flight.

Greetings!
My cgo has fishing wire run through all 4 vibration rubbers from the factory, this way the 2 plates can't be separated in a bumb or crash, STRANGE your s doesn't have the wire, greetings.

Reactions: JulesTEO
You must have bought yours used. Not one H gimbal assembly has been made with the corners secured with fishing line, especially at all 4. That is a user modification, and one not necessary.

My cgo has fishing wire run through all 4 vibration rubbers from the factory, this way the 2 plates can't be separated in a bumb or crash, STRANGE your s doesn't have the wire, greetings.

You must have bought yours used. Not one H gimbal assembly has been made with the corners secured with fishing line, especially at all 4. That is a user modification, and one not necessary.

Exactly what I thought.

I've read of the fishing wire mod before; I have 2 aircrafts purchased by different distributors and none of them came anything other than the regular 2 plastic clips; one of which resisted the impact.

I have a Q500 for over two years now and mine had the wire stock, it never failed and always flies great. And I got 10.000 feet
btw.

Hello guys!

Greetings!
Jules, great video and useful information. I was particularly impressed with your graphic animations! Hope you are flying again soon.

Hello guys!

Greetings!

My hat is off to you Sir! I enjoyed the forensics on the flight crash. Well done.

Thank you very much everyone, I'm glad you find the information useful.

On a side note, I'm glad you liked the animations, I've always found it easier to explain certain things graphically instead of trying to put everything on text.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Thank you very much everyone, I'm glad you find the information useful.

On a side note, I'm glad you liked the animations, I've always found it easier to explain certain things graphically instead of trying to put everything on text.
If you would, could you share how you did the Forensics animations?

That is a superb video which explains a lot; however why would you engage RTH so close to landing?

That is a superb video which explains a lot; however why would you engage RTH so close to landing?

Thanks. Normally almost no one would switch to Home that close, I did because I was just testing and playing around with it; I thought I knew exactly how it would react, but the aircraft decided to prove me wrong and teach a valuable lesson.

Its so important to know these things...and i am also testing my H in all different ways. Keep up the good work...an awesome video!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal