Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Team Mode- Laggy or frozen image on ST16s' in record mode,

Reaction score
I just got a new ST16 pro to use in team mode. My original controller is a standard ST16. Binding went well. Firmware is the same. I am using the standard st16 as primary controller, so that runs the camera. The new st16 is flight controller. Camera and gimbal works fine. But in record mode the images on the two controllers lags or freezes, making it difficult to get the footage. Had no issues in single mode. Videos play back fine and image is fine during still photos. Any Ideas?

I just got a new ST16 pro to use in team mode. My original controller is a standard ST16. Binding went well. Firmware is the same. I am using the standard st16 as primary controller, so that runs the camera. The new st16 is flight controller. Camera and gimbal works fine. But in record mode the images on the two controllers lags or freezes, making it difficult to get the footage. Had no issues in single mode. Videos play back fine and image is fine during still photos. Any Ideas?
I suppose anytime you connect two devices to the camera the lag time will increase and will be really bad at a farther distance as the signal gets weaker. It's my impression that team mode is best suited for use where the H is not far from the controller. I think you can reduce the lag by using Itelite antennas on the ST16's which will improve the video connection.
I have two ST16's as well but never had a second pilot to try out team mode.

I suppose anytime you connect two devices to the camera the lag time will increase and will be really bad at a farther distance as the signal gets weaker. It's my impression that team mode is best suited for use where the H is not far from the controller. I think you can reduce the lag by using Itelite antennas on the ST16's which will improve the video connection.
I have two ST16's as well but never had a second pilot to try out team mode.
I do think Team Mode is going to work well for me. I will look into the antennas. One other thing I noticed while flying in team mode, I made the mistake of looking at my screen. It disoriented me as my son was rotating the gimbal. Good thing I am more used to visual flight reference than FPV.

I do think Team Mode is going to work well for me. I will look into the antennas. One other thing I noticed while flying in team mode, I made the mistake of looking at my screen. It disoriented me as my son was rotating the gimbal. Good thing I am more used to visual flight reference than FPV.
Yes, it makes the pilots screen pretty much useless. Not sure if there is a way to disconnect the pilots screen. That would eliminate the lag. The only thing of value is the telemetry.

Yes, it makes the pilots screen pretty much useless. Not sure if there is a way to disconnect the pilots screen. That would eliminate the lag. The only thing of value is the telemetry.
The telemetry is a must. Looking at the screen while someone else rotates the camera was like a vertigo effect. I was ok when flying and running the camera at the same time. If I ever post that I'm shopping for goggles slap me. The Itelite antennas are a great idea. I am shopping for those.

I think the ever changing camera view for the flight operator is the only down side for using Team mode and a second operator. The concept begs for a separate FPV camera aligned with the flight path for the operator. With the small size and weight of current FPV cameras this would not be difficult to accomplish but such an arrangement would require a separate monitor for the flight operator since the ST-16 screen is always showing the H camera imagery. The use of a separate FPV camera would eliminate camera lag relative to H flight control for the fight operator.

After looking at the H it became apparent that a light mounting platform for a FPV cam could be made that could attach at the screws for one of the landing gear legs. Another could be made for the other side to carry a small lipo to power the camera and VTx.

I think the ever changing camera view for the flight operator is the only down side for using Team mode and a second operator. The concept begs for a separate FPV camera aligned with the flight path for the operator. With the small size and weight of current FPV cameras this would not be difficult to accomplish but such an arrangement would require a separate monitor for the flight operator since the ST-16 screen is always showing the H camera imagery. The use of a separate FPV camera would eliminate camera lag relative to H flight control for the fight operator.

After looking at the H it became apparent that a light mounting platform for a FPV cam could be made that could attach at the screws for one of the landing gear legs. Another could be made for the other side to carry a small lipo to power the camera and VTx.
A second fpv camera for flight control wouldn't have to swivel or gimbal either to save on weight of the gimbal.

We don't want to add anything to the gimbal. A simple shock mount is adequate for an FPV camera. Little cameras mounted on gel pads provide surprisingly good imagery.

We don't want to add anything to the gimbal. A simple shock mount is adequate for an FPV camera. Little cameras mounted on gel pads provide surprisingly good imagery.
It wouldn't have to be too fancy. I mostly fly line of sight any way, but it is handy to look at the screen occasionally for heading reference. If someone else is rotating camera in team mode it could through me off for a second.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11