Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TELEMETRY READING ANY HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
TODAY I HAD MY FIRST FLYAWAY, WHAT A
SHOCKER. LAUNCHED AS I NORMALLY DO AND IT
STARTED VEERING TO THE LEFT SO I GAINED ALTITUDE
AS NOT COLLIDE WITH ANYTHING AND UP UP AND
AWAY IT WENT NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN. I LOVED THAT TYPHOON H
BUT WHAT THE HECK PEOPLE GET TIRED OF THESE
TYPES OF THINGS HAPPENING. I ATTACHED THE TELEMETRY FILES
IF ANY WOULD CARE TO TAKE A LOOK.
I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHY IT DID THIS.
WE WILL SEE WHAT YUNEEC HAS TO SAY. I SENT THEM ALL THE INFO.
IT IS UNDER WARRANTY.
THANKS
KEITH KUHN

Attachments

• Fly_Away_of_Typhoon_H[1].zip
    809.8 KB · Views: 45
HI
LARGE CAPS ARE REQUIRED BY MYSELF
I HAVE MACULAR DEGENERATION, I DO
NOT SEE WELL.
NO CURE EVENTUALLY YOU GO BLIND.
KEITH

Last edited by a moderator:
KEITH,

I SEE A COMPASS CALIBRATION ALARM APPEAR NOT LONG AFTER TAKEOFF, AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WENT DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RIVER/CHANNEL.

ANY CHANCE YOU CAN INCLUDE THE TELEMETRY FROM THE REMOTE? THAT WILL SHOW THE INFORMATION ON THE ST-16 ALSO, ALLOWING A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT WENT FUNKY ON YOU.

KEITH,

I SEE A COMPASS CALIBRATION ALARM APPEAR NOT LONG AFTER TAKEOFF, AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WENT DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RIVER/CHANNEL.

ANY CHANCE YOU CAN INCLUDE THE TELEMETRY FROM THE REMOTE? THAT WILL SHOW THE INFORMATION ON THE ST-16 ALSO, ALLOWING A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT WENT FUNKY ON YOU.

WOW THANKS
I WILL SEE ABOUT GETTING THAT FOR YOU
RITE NOW. I AM EXCITED GIVE ME AN HOUR OR SO.
KEITH KUHN

WOW THANKS
I WILL SEE ABOUT GETTING THAT FOR YOU
RITE NOW. I AM EXCITED GIVE ME AN HOUR OR SO.
KEITH KUHN
HERE YA GO
THIS IS JUST THE LAST FILE.
IF YOU NEED THE OTHERS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
THANKS AGAIN.
KEITH KUHN

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Remote_log[1].zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 16
KEITH,

I TRIED TO PUT THE LONGITUDE & LATITUDE
INTO OFFICE, WITH NO LUCK.
I ALSO HEARD IF YOU CAN ENTER THAT INTO GOOGLE MAPS
KEITH,

I HEARD IF YOU PUT THE LONGITUDE & LATITUDE
INTO OFFICE THEN ENTER THAT INTO
GOOGLE MAPS YOU CAN SEE EXACTLY WHERE IT
WENT DOWN. I TRIED BUT WITH NO SUCCESS.
IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A SCREEN SHOT OF THAT.
KEITH

Attachments

• DRONE PATH.PNG
    DRONE PATH.PNG
    274.7 KB · Views: 44
USE THE CHROME BROWSER TO OPEN GOOGLE EARTH ONLINE. CLICK ON THE BURGER, GO TO SETTINGS AND AT THE BOTTOM ENABLE KML IMPORTING. ON THE LEFT CLICK ON MY PLACES, THEN IMPORT THE KML FILE I'M ATTACHING. REMOVE THE '.TXT' FROM THE END BEFORE YOU IMPORT IT INTO GOOGLE EARTH.

DID THE 'H' ACTUALLY GO DOWN WHERE YOU SHOWED IN THE PNG ABOVE?

HERE IS THE FILE

Attachments

• Telemetry00008.kml.txt
    33.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
There was a compass error a few seconds after liftoff and it continued for the remainder of the flight. I looked at some of the previous flights and did not see any other compass problems. That would suggest the launch point had some type of interference.
This flight was launched from dockside next to a concrete parking lot. I suspect the concrete has reinforcing mesh and the pier itself may have a steel support structure. That could easily cause the compass errors. The GPS went false about 10 seconds after that at an altitude of over 120'. Return Home would not have worked.

If this is still in warranty, you should call Yuneec and send them the entire telemetry folder. They may classify this as a fault.

For future reference, allow much more time between power up and launch. 1.5 minutes is not enough time.
Pick your launch area more carefully. The grassy area on the other side of the parking lot would have been a better choice.

This picture shows the landing area based on the GPS coordinates.
FlightPath.jpg

USE THE CHROME BROWSER TO OPEN GOOGLE EARTH ONLINE. CLICK ON THE BURGER, GO TO SETTINGS AND AT THE BOTTOM ENABLE KML IMPORTING. ON THE LEFT CLICK ON MY PLACES, THEN IMPORT THE KML FILE I'M ATTACHING. REMOVE THE '.TXT' FROM THE END BEFORE YOU IMPORT IT INTO GOOGLE EARTH.

DID THE 'H' ACTUALLY GO DOWN WHERE YOU SHOWED IN THE PNG ABOVE?

HERE IS THE FILE

THANK YOU SO MUCH
THE H FLEW IN THE DIRECTION I
SHOWED IN THE PNG.
I AM GOING TO LOOK AT YOUR FILE NOW.
I HOPE I CAN UNDERSTAND IT.
KEITH KUHN

Nice work Steve. Whenever a fly away occurs and there’s water nearby it always seems the result is similar to the “jelly side down” principle. The odds of a piece of bread with jelly on it landing on the carpet jelly side down is directly proportional to the price of the carpet. A cheap quad would have descended on land...

THANK YOU SO MUCH
THE H FLEW IN THE DIRECTION I
SHOWED IN THE PNG.
I AM GOING TO LOOK AT YOUR FILE NOW.
I HOPE I CAN UNDERSTAND IT.
KEITH KUHN
There was a compass error a few seconds after liftoff and it continued for the remainder of the flight. I looked at some of the previous flights and did not see any other compass problems. That would suggest the launch point had some type of interference.
This flight was launched from dockside next to a concrete parking lot. I suspect the concrete has reinforcing mesh and the pier itself may have a steel support structure. That could easily cause the compass errors. The GPS went false about 10 seconds after that at an altitude of over 120'. Return Home would not have worked.

If this is still in warranty, you should call Yuneec and send them the entire telemetry folder. They may classify this as a fault.

For future reference, allow much more time between power up and launch. 1.5 minutes is not enough time.
Pick your launch area more carefully. The grassy area on the other side of the parking lot would have been a better choice.

View attachment 9472

GREAT PICTURE, I AM SAVING THIS FOR LIFE.
THANKS SO MUCH. I AM RELIEVED TO KNOW
WHERE IT WENT DOWN AT.
KEITH KUHN

View attachment 9472

I DID SEND THEM ALL THE TELEMETRY DATA.
IT WAS A WOODEN DECK, BUT BENEATH LIKE
YOU SAY WAS METAL.
ALL YOU GUYS ARE SUPER FOR YOUR HELP.
I NOW HAVE A NEW DESKTOP PICTURE STEVE.
KEITH KUHN
PS A VIDEO FOR YOU ATTACHED

Reactions: Steve Carr
Nice work Steve. Whenever a fly away occurs and there’s water nearby it always seems the result is similar to the “jelly side down” principle. The odds of a piece of bread with jelly on it landing on the carpet jelly side down is directly proportional to the price of the carpet. A cheap quad would have descended on land...

STEVE DID DO A GREAT JOB
WITH MY FLIGHT PATH IN GOOGLE MAPS
KEITH KUHN

KEITH,

THERE ARE FREE TOOLS THAT YOU CAN USE TO DO YOUR OWN ANALYSIS OF OF YOUR TELEMETRY. THE FIRST IS TO DOWNLOAD GOOGLE EARTH PRO, IT IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE ONLINE VERSION FOR CONTROLLING THE VIRTUAL CAMERA. THE SECOND PROGRAM IS HELMUT ELSNER’S Q500LOG2KML STAND ALONE PROGRAM. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE APPROPRIATE VERSION FROM HIS SITE Meine private Homepage - Programmierung, Kopter, Bilder. BE SURE TO GET THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE VERSION AND THERE ARE WINDOWS X64/X32, LINUX, AND MAC VERSIONS.

USING THESE TOOLS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO SEE THE FLIGHT PATH OF ALL YOUR TELEMETRY FILES. THE BEST PART IS THEY ARE FREE. I HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU WITH YUNEEC.

Last edited:
It’s so unfortunate his H went down where it did.
I must say though he is very fortunate to have people like Steve, DoomMeister, PatR that know this system extremely well. I tried to view my flights and get confused real quick
Great work guys

Reactions: hardhat068
It’s so unfortunate his H went down where it did.
I must say though he is very fortunate to have people like Steve, DoomMeister, PatR that know this system extremely well. I tried to view my flights and get confused real quick
Great work guys

I AGREE THOSE GUYS ARE GREAT.
I TRIED
TO DO IT AS WELL BUT THE ONE PROGRAM WOULD
NOT ACCEPT MY TELEMETRY FILES.
SO I WILL WAIT TO SEE WHAT YUNEEC WANTS TO DO.
KEITH KUHN

HI KEITH
I WATCHED YOUR VIDEO AND WHEN YOU DID YOUR COMPASS CALIBRATION I WOULD SUGGEST GETTING AWAY FROM ALL METAL OBJECTS LIKE YOUR TRUCK.

I AGREE THOSE GUYS ARE GREAT.
I TRIED
TO DO IT AS WELL BUT THE ONE PROGRAM WOULD
NOT ACCEPT MY TELEMETRY FILES.
SO I WILL WAIT TO SEE WHAT YUNEEC WANTS TO DO.

ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE USING THE Q500LOG2KML PROGRAM?

ARE YOU HAVING TROUBLE USING THE Q500LOG2KML PROGRAM?
GOOD MORNING

I DOWNLOADED ALL THAT YOU SENT ME.
THAT IS ALL GOOD. I HAVE NOT TRIED TO USE
IT ALL YET. I HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT THE GERMAN THING YET.
BEFORE YOU SENT ME THE LINKS ETC I HAD
TROUBLE GETTING THE TELEMETRY INTO OFFICE OR
EXCEL OR SOMETHING. BUT AS OF NOW = LOL I GOT TO
GET MY LAWN TRACTOR STARTED TODAY.
ALWAYS SOMETHING = YOU KNOW.
KEITH KUHN = ENJOY THIS VIDEO BELOW.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member