Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tension Solution

RPR

Reaction score
I've had my TH Plus for 6 months and 16 days, with a lots of stick time both work and personal. The first thing that one will notice, specially when someone flies other craft or a seasoned RC pilot is the lack of center curve or manual retention adjustment for the TH Plus (I cannot vouch for other Yuneec products)

For a while now, and I thought I had shared his in passing, but did not. Here's how, I worked around the problem.

1. I shorted the sticks to 10.46mm
  2. Inserted a rubber tube (found the tube in my toolbox, remnants from my RC Heli. gas days)

I purchased a Yaw (and also bought another for the Pitch) resistance, made for the H480, but with a small mod. it's doable. 3D Printed Remote Controller Yaw Resistance Controller for YUNEEC Typhoon H480

2) Remove the x4 studs with pliers.

3) Add 3M thin double sided tape on for corners that would adhere to the plate.

Final result: I am very satisfied with this simple mod. and it has enabled me to get that smooth pan shots. (Now, I just have to find a solution to the gimbal dial control)

Couple of user notes on using the same with my 480...

The rubber bands will wear quickly if in contact with the knurled portion of the knob. Extending that rubber tubing over the entire knurled area of the sticks will minimize this.

The tension can be adjusted in 2 ways... if more tension is desired, rubber bands can be doubled up to increase resistance... just as the old BowFlex resistance machines did. If less tension is desired a longer rubber band can be used.

The setup does interfere some with the use of a sunshade, depending on the brand sunshade used.

Reactions: RPR and rdonson
Couple of user notes on using the same with my 480...

The rubber bands will wear quickly if in contact with the knurled portion of the knob. Extending that rubber tubing over the entire knurled area of the sticks will minimize this.

The tension can be adjusted in 2 ways... if more tension is desired, rubber bands can be doubled up to increase resistance... just as the old BowFlex resistance machines did. If less tension is desired a longer rubber band can be used.

The setup does interfere some with the use of a sunshade, depending on the brand sunshade used.

Those photos are outdated. I’ve replaced those rubber bands, with dental rubber bands. The stock broke within 3mos of use.

Here’s my current. Changed the rubber-bands months ago, and the foldable hood fits. IMG_0821.jpg

F, standard rubber bands would last only a month... bought a bag to start playing with different lengths and resistance.

F, standard rubber bands would last only a month... bought a bag to start playing with different lengths and resistance.

Have you tried, dental rubber bands? They are thin and strong.

I intend to... course I would need a Plus to do that with... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel David