Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Terrain Following

Reaction score
Has anybody successfully got the terrain following to work or know how to do it?... Ive tried multiple times today to download an offline map with elevations attached, but it wont down load (ST16 nor Win PC)

LOL... Guess no one has played with the Terrain Following function...

Here is another question then has anyone tried to do a vertical survey yet? Ive heard from a couple people that the 520 can now do it, but no one knows how

Has anybody successfully got the terrain following to work or know how to do it?... Ive tried multiple times today to download an offline map with elevations attached, but it wont down load (ST16 nor Win PC)

Sometimes he has trouble downloading the maps, but if you let him for a while, he does. Anyway, if you see some set of maps in red, many times they turn red even if it's not necessary, you go inside and you can hit the Resume button to finish downloading it.

At least, I haven't been able to test the function yet.

LOL... Guess no one has played with the Terrain Following function...

Here is another question then has anyone tried to do a vertical survey yet? Ive heard from a couple people that the 520 can now do it, but no one knows how

He can't do it. We all wish the H520 could do it.

Sometimes he has trouble downloading the maps, but if you let him for a while, he does. Anyway, if you see some set of maps in red, many times they turn red even if it's not necessary, you go inside and you can hit the Resume button to finish downloading it.

At least, I haven't been able to test the function yet.

He can't do it. We all wish the H520 could do it.
The problem is it will stop not even 1/2 way through the elevation download ( I let it sit for many hours hrs and still a no go).
That what I thought (Vertical Survey), but I guess it can be done by stacking waypoints (each stacked waypoint has a different elevation or position) in a POI mission

The problem is it will stop not even 1/2 way through the elevation download ( I let it sit for many hours hrs and still a no go).
That what I thought (Vertical Survey), but I guess it can be done by stacking waypoints (each stacked waypoint has a different elevation or position) in a POI mission

It happens to me too, that's why I tell you about going into the set and push Resume. What I've noticed is that the number of information providers has increased. After trying them all a little, I have chosen to download Bing by the hybrid map that allows me to locate the positions much more easily because it no longer remembers the last position and shows the entire world map, it is much easier to locate a concrete position. This provider's elevation maps, although slow, download faster. Even so, we do not know, for lack of information, as is the procedure exactly. Just having downloaded the elevation maps and activating the terrain following option is enough for the H520 to follow the terrain doing the survey? We need to run tests ?

P.D.: When I say that you cannot do Vertical surveys with the H520, I mean that with the tools it brings right now you can not. Using other software can be done, recently Javier, a forum mate, told me that UgCS allows it.
Аutomatic vertical scanning for drones now available

Last edited:
@arruntus
So are you saying the automatic vertical software can be used with the 520?

The software supports the H520 and at the same time has that function. The Facade Scan function does what we said. You have to take a good look at it but I think so. It's nothing that the H520 can't do today, go up, down and move laterally pointing the camera in a certain direction.

The UgCS has a free or trial version that allows you to do many things, in this case, the function in question, is within the paid versions. I've been trying it for a long time but I don't have time....... ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz