Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Test Footage Using Poloar Pro ND4 filter

Reaction score
Finally got some footage on Final Cut Pro edited. I'm impressed with the CGO3's images but, they can never compare to my Sony A7R 36.4 megapixel mirroless camera. (I only use Zeiss lenses too) I know you can't compare a prosumer camera to it but again, the images are great if you are not using them for professional use or pixel peep to 400%. To most people who would never consider paying thousands of dollars for a DSLR or mirrorless camera, they will never miss or notice the difference in image quality. Someday, I'll get a copter that carry any of my mirrorless cams and life will be perfect!

I have some projects coming up with a couple of rare cars using just the Q500 and steady grip. Stay tuned.

There is no such thing as a perfect life, keep dreaming. Oh and by the way in my not so perfect life I still have a 1080 p TV and your video looks average. Most people still have a low res monitor so why worry about the high res stuff???

There is no such thing as a perfect life, keep dreaming. Oh and by the way in my not so perfect life I still have a 1080 p TV and your video looks average. Most people still have a low res monitor so why worry about the high res stuff???

First of all you don't know me. I have an almost perfect life because it's the life I want to live. (I never have to shovel snow either) My video is average because it was downloaded in "average" format - Youtube does not play in 4K. Thank you for confirming what my whole post was about. An average test footage from an average camera drone camera. I'm new to aerial photography and trust me, I won't settle for average. Since you are critiquing my work (which I clearly titled as TEST footage) I suppose you can post a video you created to show me how it's done? I can't seem to find any in your post in this forum. Perhaps my comments about "average" people not needing high end DSLRs put you off? That was not my intent to put anyone or this drone down. I merely sharing my test results using ND filters. I thought this forum was for us to inspire and encourage each other in the hobby, not judge.

Last edited:
First of all you don't know me. I have an almost perfect life because it's the life I want to live. (I never have to shovel snow either) My video is average because it was downloaded in "average" format - Youtube does not play in 4K. Thank you for confirming what my whole post was about. An average test footage from an average camera drone camera. I'm new to aerial photography and trust me, I won't settle for average. Since you are critiquing my work (which I clearly titled as TEST footage) I suppose you can post a video you created to show me how it's done? I can't seem to find any in your post in this forum. Perhaps my comments about "average" people not needing high end DSLRs put you off? That was not my intent to put anyone or this drone down. I merely sharing my test results using ND filters. I thought this forum was for us to inspire and encourage each other in the hobby, not judge.

I totally get what you are saying. There are many post about these compact 4K cameras on drones that really don't provide enough quality to edit in professional programs like Adobe or Final cut. As you said, they are good enough for most folks. Footage from my old Phantom 4 I have tried to edit comes out a little choppy and worse when downgraded during the upload to social media sites.

I just got my 17 year old son the Q500 4K since he has really gotten into the hobby. He almost crashed my Inspire 1 Pro - Zenmuse 5K! This is obviously the type of drone you will need to graduate to if you are looking to match the images of your Sony AR7. You seem to be a smart man learning the hobby with an "average" drone.:D

I checked out your website and channel and you certainly have more video skills than anyone I know so don't let anyone discourage you in here. All the post I have seen you made in here have answered all our my questions thus far. I have a Youtube channel too where I share all my flights (I'm a captain for a major cargo airliner) and the worst critics usually don't even have any videos posted. I just signed on here to get some tips for my boy. Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Thanks! It's cool. I have to accept there are trolls on every forum. I was just taken back because so far everyone has been respectful but, alas my life is not perfect.:DFly safe out there.

I know what youtube does to videos so you don't have to explain it to me. In your post you said you can't compare the CGO3 to your very expensive camera but you are by judging your own video as just good enough for the people who only watch 1080 and we will not know any better. I was just agreeing that with you and said most people like myself still only have a 1080 TV to view the videos so it really will not matter if you strapped your very expensive camera to a bigger and better drone unless you plan on doing movies for Theater.

And here you can critique my video taken with a $110 knock off GoPro with Polar Pro ND8 filter. It won't teach you anything. It just proves you don't need your very expensive camera mounted to a very expensive quad.

My video is average because it was downloaded in "average" format - Youtube does not play in 4K.
You're doing great! The first video is always the hardest. Every time you go out you'll get better and better.

I know this may sound crazy but I spend a lot of time flying my little $50 drone around the house and front yard. I have a bunch of batteries and have a blast flying it with the kids. It can't hurt anyone so it's completely safe to fly inside. It's a real challenge to fly and wants to commit suicide constantly. Add in a couple of light fixtures and the fan running full blast and you can't help but get better at flying.

Good news.. YouTube does support 4K and it looks amazing (even on a 1080P monitor). I'm more than happy with the footage I've obtained from the CGO3 camera. Of course the footage is not as nice as from my 4K mirrorless camera but it is better than my old Canon 5D MKIII and I paid over $3K just for the body.

How scary would it be to fly with your mirrorless! I'd be shaking so bad I wouldn't be able to fly! haha

Just curious at one point I did see the prop in your video, So far on my Q500 4K I have not seen the prop included on any photo's I have taking , I haven't done video as of yet, but I do have the camera in the up position so I am curious about how your prop showed in the video?

The props will show up if you have your camera panned up and fly fast forward,or get a strong gust of wind. Panning your camera down a little (doesn't take much) will keep them out of the video most of the time,unlike DJI that constantly has them in the video.

...My video is average because it was downloaded in "average" format - Youtube does not play in 4K. Thank you for confirming what my whole post was about. An average test footage from an average camera drone camera. ...

What? YouTube jumped into 4K a few years back I think. I can't watch 4K because I do not have a display that supports it, but I am pretty sure YouTube and Vimeo (my preferred video host) support 4K. At least their sites say they do.

I bought the Poloar ND filters and so far have been happy with them. So far I have only used the ND4 and I wish I would have bought the set with the polarizer.

Video looks good, I like the filters! I was thinking of getting them myself. Also just an FYI you can do 4k on YouTube, just make it 30FPS and you can upload/play anywhere!

I know what youtube does to videos so you don't have to explain it to me. In your post you said you can't compare the CGO3 to your very expensive camera but you are by judging your own video as just good enough for the people who only watch 1080 and we will not know any better. I was just agreeing that with you and said most people like myself still only have a 1080 TV to view the videos so it really will not matter if you strapped your very expensive camera to a bigger and better drone unless you plan on doing movies for Theater.

And here you can critique my video taken with a $110 knock off GoPro with Polar Pro ND8 filter. It won't teach you anything. It just proves you don't need your very expensive camera mounted to a very expensive quad.

I'm sorry but that video was taken by Jagerbomb52 from O.Canada. I think you had better explain your position with your own video........and not hijack someone else' s to push your point Flying Junkie. I can link it if you wish but think it would be better to bow out gracefully.

Cheers

Batfire

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop