Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Testing motor direction question?

Reaction score
Is there a way to test the motor direction without rx/ tx/ and fc equipment?? Can I theoretically plug in a battery to see what the motor direction will be? Or does the flight controller etc need to be connected? Just trying to get ahead of the game while I wait for things to arrive. Or should I just be patient and have everything ready first?

Yup, use the GUI or in the latest firmware you can power on the motors from the controller without the props, just like the GUI, just don't throttle up with the props off. The motors will stutter and make noise making you think you wrecked them.

Also, I'm not sure if many here know this, (and I can think of no reason why you'd want to do this with a commercial drone) but if you build your own drone or have an issue with motor spin direction, you can take any brushless motor and swap two of the 3 leads regardless of color to reverse the direction of the motor.

Would also help to know what model Yuneec you are referring to?
All models come from the box ready to go. You do not have to assemble the motors or their connections.
Charge up the batteries, install the props, (Or swing them out on the breeze) power up and fly.

If the OP is trying to figure out what props go where he needs only read the instructions to learn how motors and propellers are marked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval