Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH plus fell out of the sky

Reaction score
I was filming for about 10 minutes on a fully charged battery. Had good line of sight. Finished filming and switched on the return to home function. Drone turned around showed me the direction back to me and then the screen locked and I could not find the drone. I got lucky and it was found by someone the next day that knew it was mine. Here is the data and would appreciate your input. The camera and the drone are completely gone in my opinion. Flight Review

Sorry for your loss [emoji53]

I was filming for about 10 minutes on a fully charged battery. Had good line of sight. Finished filming and switched on the return to home function. Drone turned around showed me the direction back to me and then the screen locked and I could not find the drone. I got lucky and it was found by someone the next day that knew it was mine. Here is the data and would appreciate your input. The camera and the drone are completely gone in my opinion. Flight Review
Sorry for this accident, how do you get this telemetry result?
Please which file will you get and how?

You mentioned it was found the next day. Was it damaged or did it autoland

Sorry for your loss, same happened to me no warning just total power loss , flying with full battery and checked it after crash plenty of voltage left , can only assume either battery was not latched properly or the dreaded solder solder melting causing power loss , will be interested if you find the cause of your crash.

Go to Pad, select the File Manager, locate the Flight2Log folder. Select the folder and compress it giving the zip file a name with the date it was created. Scroll to the bottom of the File Manager and you should find your zip file you just created. If you have an SD card in the ST-16S you can copy the zip file to it and then from it to your computer to upload here using the Attach file button in a post. The other option to transfer the zip file to your computer is to hookup the ST-16S via USB cable with the 16S on and fully booted. It should appear as an external drive.

It will also help to know the date and time of the final flight.

Go to Pad, select the File Manager, locate the Flight2Log folder. Select the folder and compress it giving the zip file a name with the date it was created. Scroll to the bottom of the File Manager and you should find your zip file you just created. If you have an SD card in the ST-16S you can copy the zip file to it and then from it to your computer to upload here using the Attach file button in a post. The other option to transfer the zip file to your computer is to hookup the ST-16S via USB cable with the 16S on and fully booted. It should appear as an external drive.
It will also help to know the date and time of the final flight.
@h-elsner said the file came from the H Plus directly.
"This is a *.ULG file from the copter itself. It can be downloaded via USB port of the H-Plus."

Reactions: JackMTaco
You have to connect to the USB socket of the T PLUS and use a PX4 app to find the file, but I do not know the name of the software and the procedure.
@SmokinAmerican must know it

You have to connect to the USB socket of the T PLUS and use a PX4 app to find the file, but I do not know the name of the software and the procedure.
@SmokinAmerican must know it
I took the drone back to the place I bought it. He is a factory representative for Israel so he had the software from Yuneec to look at the flight log and all the reports that wherein the drone itself.

Sorry for being so long to get back to everyone. To answer the question of if the drone was damage? It took a hard crash and the legs did not deploy at all. Yuneec Germany is going to replace the drone and camera with a new one. I am thankful for that. They say the cause of the crash was the battery came out or loss of power. The first time I inserted the battery it did not go in all the way. So I reinserted it and made sure it was all the way in. It seems like as I am reading more and more of these post there is a little flaw in the design of the locking of the batteries? Maybe it is something that needs to looked at?? With the new TH plus I will not have coverage if this happens again.

Attachments

• 20190129_103315.jpg
    20190129_103315.jpg
    943.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190129_103354.jpg
    20190129_103354.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
  • 20190129_103443.jpg
    20190129_103443.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 44
.......... It seems like as I am reading more and more of these post there is a little flaw in the design of the locking of the batteries? ........

What would this be? (I’ve heard about internal solder issues) Both the H Pro and H+, the batteries firmly inserted “click” into place and the lever lowers and snaps down. I’ve not had any issues with this, but would like to be aware......

Happy to hear that you are getting it replaced.

Regarding the "loose" battery it was one thing that I noticed in a lot of posts on from the original h480 and I have made it a part of my flight check to make sure the battery is correctly inserted and locked into place.

On more than one occasion I have heard the lock snapping into place when giving it a little wiggle before taking off.

Reactions: Rubik
"They say the cause of the crash was the battery came out or loss of power. " :confused::confused::confused:
There are still some H PLUS who have fallen like yours without a rational explanation.
I do not think that all accidents were caused by a poorly locked battery (the system is well designed).
I do not think that the battery is discharging instantly without giving a sign of weakness.
The goal is to have confidence in his drone. It is not worth it to have 6 propellers if the power is cut without knowing the reason.
If we do not know the reason, we have the right to worry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox