Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TH Plus Team Mode

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
Has anyone actually used two ST16S controllers for Team Mode?
I have tried this over an over, trying each controller as Master and Slave with no success. My mind isn't as sharp as it use to be, ...the upside is I no longer have to register it as a weapon, but on the downside I sometimes miss the obvious. The instructions in both TH+ manuals seem simple enough, but either I am missing something or this doesn't actually work as described in the manual and the onscreen screen prompts. A search of YouTube only produced how-to videos for the H480 Team Mode, nothing for the TH Plus.

I took a couple of screen shots that show the notices I get when I try to enter Team Mode with the intended Slave. It will not switch to Slave Mode, it just slides right back to Master and a notice pops up. It's like there is a step missing in the instructions for the Master setup or something. Both ST16S controllers behave the same way when trying to assign it the Slave function. It's like I get stuck in a loop, it tells me I need to enter Slave Mode first, then I get told "Slave RC cannot connect to WiFi".

Any ideas, pointers, or tips would be very welcome. Please don't tell me I am the first to try this, that is not going to settle well with the voices in my head, they'll turn into an angry mob!:mad:

Last edited:
Are you bound the the aircraft and camera with the master before entering team mode on it?

Reactions: Steve Carr
I do not have a Plus so I cannot confirm my decrepit old fart memory... but I think there was a post that referred to the Plus team mode being done with one ST-16S and one ST-16? ?

I do not have a Plus so I cannot confirm my decrepit old fart memory... but I think there was a post that referred to the Plus team mode being done with one ST-16S and one ST-16? ?

The expanded manual says you need two ST-16S controllers. That makes sense as the ST-16 won’t bind to the aircraft or the camera.

Are you bound the the aircraft and camera with the master before entering team mode on it?
Yes. Maybe that's the problem. The one thing I did not try is using a controller to just bind to the camera -not the aircraft, then use that as the Master and bring the Slave onboard. That way the WiFi of the 1st one isn't already bound and is free for the 2nd one to bind to as the slave? If this is the case, it is totally different than the H480, like most other advanced features of the Plus.

And @Eagle's Eye Video (AKA Old Fart Memory Man), believe me, if could have use one of my 3 ST16 controllers, I would NOT have $pent the buck$ on an ST16$!;)

Let me know how it goes.

Here comes the Judge, here comes the Judge.

The one thing I did not try is using a controller to just bind to the camera -not the aircraft
That may be right. However, I believe they can both be bound to the camera.

Last edited:
I tried every possible combination of binding options, one comes close to working, but no cigar. I can get half way there but it is not truly "Team Mode", one will have partial control of the camera -no joy stick action, the other seems to control the aircraft, but the telemetry info is wrong and/or missing, and neither ST16 thinks it is in Team Mode, in fact I turned it off and still have the same semi split operation. That is not how it is suppose to be. There is something wrong with the process as described -maybe even a FW issue, and no amount of intuition on my part can solve this riddle.

I am hoping someone else with two ST16s controllers can help solve this issue.

The right camera switch must be down for the stick to control the camera. Is that how you tried it?
Yep! I'm very familiar with how the H480 gimbal control works in Team Mode. Neither controller was sure who had control, they were acting confused, it wasn't actuallu Team Mode since I could turn it off and it didn't change.

It has occurred to me now that he problem could quite likely be the firmware, which is different in each controller. Duh! :rolleyes:
Now I need to figure out how to get the two on the same page. Controller 1 has build 809, controller 2 has 784, which I think I want to revert back to after reading what @RPR had to say. ....already forgot how to do all that, I need go mining thew the related posts again. Homework time!:confused:

Yep! I'm very familiar with how the H480 gimbal control works in Team Mode. Neither controller was sure who had control, they were acting confused, it wasn't actuallu Team Mode since I could turn it off and it didn't change.

It has occurred to me now that he problem could quite likely be the firmware, which is different in each controller. Duh! :rolleyes:
Now I need to figure out how to get the two on the same page. Controller 1 has build 809, controller 2 has 784, which I think I want to revert back to after reading what @RPR had to say. ....already forgot how to do all that, I need go mining thew the related posts again. Homework time!:confused:

I will never ever change or upgrade a build ever again, unless if it's really a good build, and or enhance the 784 :)

Reactions: Ty Pilot and DCH
You can find the downgrade process on page 59.

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.7.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: DCH
Do you west coast guys ever sleep?

You can find the downgrade process on page 59.
That manual is like my desktop wallpaper cuz it's always up. But that doesn't mean I know where to find anything in there! Thanks good the bookmark buddy!!

P.S. Another Oil Change that ran long...

• Haha
I've never done team mode but I have found that nearly every type of flight mode, smart mode or what have you that is on the Plus, that was also on the standard H, is just different enough to make figuring it out sort of a hobby within; and of itself. ? I sometimes wonder if our friends at Yuneec made these changes in earnest or if they did it just to read our posts on here as we pull our hair out trying to figure things out. ? It took me six months to figure out how to do a CCC but I am not as sharp as @DCH so he should have this licked in about a couple of weeks.

Seriously though DCH, the team (no pun intended) is pulling for you, we know you'll figure it out. ?

You whipper-snappers should have more respect for us elderly folks. View attachment 15066

I do, as I’m getting there myself. But, DCH needs a stick poked at him occasionally, just to clear the cobwebs and get that steam generator between his ears going again.

Reactions: Grumpy
So have you had your coffee and ready to give another go at it today?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33