Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The aux button

As I am new here I cannot understand just how on a modern digital transmitter yo cannot program the aux button to mix the throttle and a predetermined amount of down on the camera. This would help stopping the props showing up when on full throttle? I am sure this is any amount of possibilities to use as a nix with.
Regards.
Mike

There was a slight amount of program-ability in the Typhoon 480. When the Plus was released all of that functionality was removed - the user could not access any functions to make changes. Yuneec never said why, it just is what it is. In the future we may (or may not) see some of this brought back to the Plus but we will not know for sure until if and/or when it actually happens.

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
There was a slight amount of program-ability in the Typhoon 480. When the Plus was released all of that functionality was removed - the user could not access any functions to make changes. Yuneec never said why, it just is what it is. In the future we may (or may not) see some of this brought back to the Plus but we will not know for sure until if and/or when it actually happens.

It looks like the gave it with on hand and have taken it back with the other?
:(
Cheers.
Mike

What we really wanted was a selection of functions that could be assigned to the AUX for both the H480 and the H Plus. One major item for that was the ability to toggle GPS on/off. It fell on deaf ears with Yuneec. Unfortunately they do what they want and seldom listen to their customer base. The small amount that does get through ends up being repackaged as a new system with a premium price. But Yuneec is not alone in that marketing ploy, they learned that lesson from the market share leaders.

What we really wanted was a selection of functions that could be assigned to the AUX for both the H480 and the H Plus. One major item for that was the ability to toggle GPS on/off. It fell on deaf ears with Yuneec. Unfortunately they do what they want and seldom listen to their customer base. The small amount that does get through ends up being repackaged as a new system with a premium price. But Yuneec is not alone in that marketing ploy, they learned that lesson from the market share leaders.

Well the old and well tested ways to vote with your pcket ?‍?
Make it know that we will not support them if they refused to listen to us.
Cheers.
Mike

Mike,

I think that method has been well exercised, with the results effectively demonstrated, but Yuneec still thinks the tail wags the dog. They seem to be a bit slow to understand.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Mike,

I think that method has been well exercised, with the results effectively demonstrated, but Yuneec still thinks the tail wags the dog. They seem to be a bit slow to understand.
Big business and all government always wag the dogs. Like Yuneec the gov't has no interest in understanding its customers.

There’s another angle...

I’d love to make a statement, or “vote with my money” if there were opportunities.

What I mean is, while I would love to have some additional features added the the H family, taking my money elsewhere doesn’t keep me in the same price point let alone similar airframe configuration. If there are other options, I for one have not seen them.

Thus, while it makes for a good sound bite, there really are not many options for which to choose from, at least not in the same ballpark.

Just one opinion, however simple it may be:

Jeff

There’s another angle...

I’d love to make a statement, or “vote with my money” if there were opportunities.

What I mean is, while I would love to have some additional features added the the H family, taking my money elsewhere doesn’t keep me in the same price point let alone similar airframe configuration. If there are other options, I for one have not seen them.

Thus, while it makes for a good sound bite, there really are not many options for which to choose from, at least not in the same ballpark.

Just one opinion, however simple it may be:

Jeff
I agree with you Jeff and I would be more apt to stay with Yuneec and upgrade for features on a couple of conditions.
1) I had access to parts for my present aircraft to keep it in usable condition.
2) The newer model kept the features of the older and added features to make a better flying experience and improved photo/videography.

I agree with you Jeff and I would be more apt to stay with Yuneec and upgrade for features on a couple of conditions.
1) I had access to parts for my present aircraft to keep it in usable condition.
2) The newer model kept the features of the older and added features to make a better flying experience and improved photo/videography.

Bingo, @DoomMeister!

We are on the same flight plan.

Jeff

Reactions: DoomMeister
Unfortunately every manufacturer wants to sell you new not repair the old so you don't have to buy new.

Unfortunately every manufacturer wants to sell you new not repair the old so you don't have to buy new.

I respectfully disagree.

Reputable manufacturers understand the value of support (life cycle) after the sale is a major incentive toward future sales. Growing one’s fleet is not always defined as “chuck the old and replace, plus add, new models.”

Personally, I hang on to stuff. If something can be upgraded, the better. But I realize it is necessary, and often desirable to add completely new units.

The personal computer environment is a great example. While I make use of the old stuff (repurpose), I relish building new systems, with the latest technology, and watching them fly. (Photo/video processing, for instance.)

It would increase my confidence in Yuneec (to name one sUAS player) if, by example, we continue to see parts availability for older craft, up to a reasonable obsolescence time period, of course. It is unreasonable to expect a never ending support life. Customers pay, one way or another for such support. At the same time, increasing capabilities by developing new and/or upgraded models is not a bad thing, for a manufacturer as well as consumers.

Imagine if automobile manufacturers did nothing but upgrade existing “shells”. No offense intended toward nostalgia lovers, but think about it. We could all be using satellite radio, 16 channel sound systems, state of the art navigation, maybe even fusion-o-matic propulsion systems, while the body style was still the old fishbowl AMC Pacer!

Yes, an extreme example, but still points made.

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone