Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The basics

Reaction score
The FAA requires a part 107 pilot keep a logbook, as well as keep adhere to section 107.9

Before DroneLogbook and other flight log and reporting apps. Pilots used to manually log mission. I experienced the tail end of manual reporting, but until to this day, I still wear recording devices on the field, and I want to share, with you guys tools that can be used as a memory jogger, after each mission.

I can’t speak about other Yuneec drones in the market, but the H Plus telemetry time stamp are incorrect at times, not all time, the date is also incorrect, when uploading the telemetry in DroneLogbook, making it hard to keep an accurate log, so I’m back to manually writing down my logs, and the tools that’s very helpful are action cams to record and dictate in real time of my day’s flight.

How about you guys, what’s your logging workflow?

IMG_8524.jpg

I still run a paper log using pretty much the same info built into a standard pilot log book. The time a flight takes place is not required, only differentiation between day or night, VFR or IFR, PIC or other, aircraft type and registration number, and the amount of flight time. Location of take off, landing, and the number of take offs and landings are also required. If and when more stringent requirements are enacted for drones I’ll alter the methodology. Until then I will continue to log flights under standard aircraft, maintenance, and pilot log formatting.

To give a government agency more info than legally required begs trouble for the info provider.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
I still run a paper log using pretty much the same info built into a standard pilot log book. The time a flight takes place is not required, only differentiation between day or night, VFR or IFR, PIC or other, aircraft type and registration number, and the amount of flight time. Location of take off, landing, and the number of take offs and landings are also required. If and when more stringent requirements are enacted for drones I’ll alter the methodology. Until then I will continue to log flights under standard aircraft, maintenance, and pilot log formatting.

To give a government agency more info than legally required begs trouble for the info provider.

I have to salute you @PatR when I started doing manual logging, and writing down my daily report, it was a pain! I have seen logs from veterans, and I was amazed of how detailed you guys used to do it, even down to the battery voltage has to be logged as well as" VFR or IFR" WHO DOES THAT? My generation are starting to get lazy, we a GO n' Fly and app users, kinda sad actually.

I am starting to go back to the old ways, but I cheated! I bought a logbook on Amazon, it has everything there, but I know, some of you veterans has gone further into details of you guys flight..

Like you, record, I also use an actioncam in the field. But my actual logging is done in a notebook in the field and then when I get home is used, along with data from UAV Toolbox to update a spreadsheet...actually three! One for each of my two aircraft (for my Phantom I have a similar app to UAV Toolbox) and a third one that only contains the essential basic data to meet my logging requirements for the CAA.

Logging battery voltages is, in my mind, essential to the good maintenance of the batteries. Not required by the CAA, BUT I REQUIRE IT.

Do you do all the hand written stuff while you're setting up and flying a mission, or do you have your observer (do you have an observer?) make the notes to record a log later? I'm just starting to get serious in this, and want to build good habits, instead of, "lets just go fly!"

I wear a body camera for a number of reasons and this is one of them. I started with a very basic ramp check and now I also keep a maintenance log that is basically carry over info from the ramp check and a few extra things.

I write all my information when I finished my flight before I move on to the next site.
Very simple log

Attachments

• Flight Log.png
    33.2 MB · Views: 25
I write all my information when I finished my flight before I move on to the next site.
Very simple log

Yes!!! I like the simplicity of your log. I’ve been meaning to format mine similar to yours, but mine came out cluttered that I opted to buy a log book on Amazon, but there are many wasted, irrelevant pages. Thanks for sharing this.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval