Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Black Pearl

Reaction score
so the first flight from a boat was still quite a distance from it at take-off so i kept it to a short flight and i was scared lol flying of a boat for the first time and all and the boat was rocking like crazy.
flying height ( altitude ) was around 250 to 275 ft ( never really sure about the readout on the controller ) as the mast are 230 ft

so the first flight from a boat was still quite a distance from it at take-off so i kept it to a short flight and i was scared lol flying of a boat for the first time and all and the boat was rocking like crazy.
flying height ( altitude ) was around 250 to 275 ft ( never really sure about the readout on the controller ) as the mast are 230 ft
Well done, @thetrecker . I've never taken off from a boat so doing so is not in my skill set. Brilliant imagery ?

The weather was excellent, must look spectacular in full sail!

Well done, @thetrecker . I've never taken off from a boat so doing so is not in my skill set. Brilliant imagery ?
thanks, flush this was the boat i went out on below @Mrgs1 sunny and hot but a bit windy gusts upto 25 and it was choppy as ****
i do want to do this again but with less chop, it was due to leave Tuesday so it was my only chance and the wind was much stronger the next day as well so would not have flown anyway
as it happened it moved to portland harbor and left today but not with all its sails up
susanjane (1 of 1).jpg

Beautiful video, I understand your apprehension to flying over water as such. I would have been nervous also, and launching from a boat as well, you have nerves of steel my friend!

Beautiful video, I understand your apprehension to flying over water as such. I would have been nervous also, and launching from a boat as well, you have nerves of steel my friend!
determination to get some footage i fly over water all the time due to living by the sea but yes first time from a boat the conditions could have been better but i may now be able to get some shots that I cant do from land of other places around me

Reactions: Adamg1180
After viewing the posts that thetrecker put up on the Black Pearl I was curious about the history of this beautiful boat. I found this on YouTube hope it is OK to post it.
I had already seen a documentary on the black pearl and watch this after it arrived so to see it in my own back yard was a very nice surprise and I would expect others to be grateful to you for sharing the links thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss