Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The problem with telemetry

Reaction score
I have a Typhoon Q500 4K drone and a similar a problem with telemetry like on this movie
The drone stands motionless on the ground, and on the display different telemetry values are shown . What to do ? How do you reset them to zero?

You don't need to worry about this - that sort of barometer drift is totally to be expected. It will reset when you start the motors.
However there is a related problem on the TH where occasionally the altitude will drift by up to 40 or 50 ft, and that is a problem we do need to take notice of, and can solve by starting and stopping the motors a few times. I don't know if that also applies to the Q500, but all the time your drift is just a few feet, this is nothing that need concern you. The barometers we have inside these things are just not that accurate.

When you start the Q the temp inside the aircraft is warming up. Changes in temp will affect the pressure sensor and so the altitude readout will change. Start and stop the motors a couple of times and it should reset and stay close to zero. If you land and take off without shutting off the motors the altitude will not reset.

The controller is home, not the takeoff point. The Q will usually land about 12-20' away from the controller. It does not memorize the takeoff location but rather it watches the location of the ST10. So if you move the landing area moves with you.

Reactions: chimpax
I bought a used this drone. I do not know his previous history .It's a bit strange for me that telemetry shows that I'm starting from a height of -2 or -3m. Or that the drone is flying right next to me and telemetry shows that it is a few or a dozen meters away from me. The most go crazy the indications of distance. I updated the firmware in the transmitter. The old one was st10 + v01b26c. New st10 + v01b30c. afresh bound the drone with the transmitter .Earlier it was, the number SR24S_32438. now SR24S_32438v1.03 .What else to do? Recalibration of the compass and accelerometer? Will it give something this?

The distance reading is a calculation based on the gps difference between the ST10 and the Q500. When they are close to each other the reading will not be very accurate.

The distance reading is a calculation based on the gps difference between the ST10 and the Q500. When they are close to each other the reading will not be very accurate.
Correct! And the GPS accuracy of the ST10 is not as good as that one from the Q500 in air. Reason is that the body of the pilot is often in the way for the good satellites. The place for the GPS antenna is not the best one inside the ST10. But hey, who wants a GPS tower on his RC?

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
My friend also has a Q500 4K and he told me that everything is fine in his drone with telemetry. Misrepresentation 0.1 - 0.2m . What causes , everything is fine in one drone and in the other one are distortions?

I doubt there is any difference between the models. The ST10 has to have a clear view of the sky to get an accurate fix. Since this is not a survey instrument, the GPS doesn't have to be super accurate. It is adequate for what it was designed to do. When the Q is 200m away a few meters of error is quite acceptable.

Reactions: chimpax
Most people calibrate those once and never do it again.
Remove the camera and face North when doing the compass calibration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval