Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Senate votes 93-6 to approve a five-year reauthorization of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

Hopefully this will let the FAA go after the rogue cowboys that totally disregard the rules and regulations. Like Casey Neistat.

Reactions: WernerJB
Google him. He's one of the rogue cowboys that thinks he do what ever he wants with a drone. Gives us law abiding citizens a bad rap.

Who the **** is Casey Neistat?

He is probably the riches Vlogger on youtube, multi million dollar baby you might say. And yes he has broken every rule out there but for the last 4 months he has been following the rules and makes sure he points that out in his videos.
Not someone I care for but that is the way America is set up....anyone can be rich and famous it would seem. Watch out he might run for president next time around LOL if trumpster can do why not :)

rogue
rōɡ/
noun

1. 1.
    a dishonest or unprincipled man.
    "you are a rogue and an embezzler. :rolleyes:
rouge1
ro͞oZH/
noun

1. 1.
    a red powder or cream used as a cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips. :eek:

rogue
rōɡ/
noun

1. 1.
    a dishonest or unprincipled man.
    "you are a rogue and an embezzler. :rolleyes:
rouge1
ro͞oZH/
noun

1. 1.
    a red powder or cream used as a cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips. :eek:

Ohhh snap! Art pushes the boundaries of the imagination. Art is rebellious it does not adhere to any form of government, color or religion, it vows to no one. These so called cowboy drone pilots, has opened our eyes to another realm perspective and places. When, I got into RC 3D helicopters and 3D airplanes, the AMA and older generations labeled is us a “Renegade” and “Dangerous” flyers, but for us flying those crazy stuns and learning new styles, we saw art.

And the person that the world calls the father of drones (mentioned by Forbes talking about DJI) I know him, close and personal. And if he listened to the older so-called wise older folks, we would not be hear talking about this topic right now.

I admire a vast of great aerial videographers, and drone photographers. I myself am not a saint, I will push that envelope just to feel alive and create.

I’ve spend time with younger pilots/creators, and these guys will flies within the scope of the FAA and occasionally will see some morons in YouTube, but that was the thing of the past.

It takes and artist to know an artist and we season pilots, can sit back, watch and appreciate the things that they do, without prejudice. We can tell them about the rules and guidelines of the FAA without too much words that don’t mean jack to them.

I’ve met a person, older. I wanted to respect his views, but he had an authoritarian, machoism tone in his voice and started to lecture me about the FAA.

I manage one of the biggest engagement pod on Instagram. Instagram fuels the market to-date, name it. Instagram likes and comments are today’s token into the industry, and creators will talk about things that and will find in themselves and pay attention to how they fly, within the legal scope and guidelines.

In the earlier case of Casey, the rules was not well written in NYC and on his vblog post he was apologetic, constantly promotes the FAA.

The older generation are stuck in a bubble, geez, live a little, let’s use our words wisely, and mold the new generation to reach their full potential, rather than finger pointing, via using words that don’t mean jack.

What is the future for drone operators?
I like how this man answers.

The test is just a test of the most basic knowledge necessary to operate commercially. It’s required to establish people have general cognizance of the system they hope to be using. The test is not comprehensive, does not fully prepare the applicant for all they will need to know or do when operating commercially. There is much, much more for the commercial operator to learn and use effectively to be a safe operator. The cram courses omit much of what’s needed for use in daily operations and why more comprehensive reference material should be obtained for home study for use before and after testing is completed. Cram courses only teach you how to pass the test but leave you with little understanding of how to work within the National Airspace System. All the reference materials you need are available for free at the FAA website.

The new generation will go through a re-education, and it’s about time. I embrace, because when I exposed my son in what I do for a living, his goal is to be an engineer, and like me, he loves to create, and I always do my best to explain to him the rules, without judgement nor install fear in him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone